Author Topic: The Mike Thread  (Read 15633 times)

Keith Whitener

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Mike Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2009, 04:07:42 PM »
Mike, besides what you said on the air, what was your take on Children Underground?

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2009, 04:12:53 PM »
There's not a whole lot more to say. It's one of the most heart-breaking movies I've ever seen. I'm glad some of the kids ended up getting help, but some of them didn't. Very disturbing stuff.
See God, Kai

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2009, 08:27:09 PM »
Is this the new Mikes ilk section aka Mikes ghetto?

Keith Whitener

« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2009, 12:22:47 AM »
There's not a whole lot more to say. It's one of the most heart-breaking movies I've ever seen. I'm glad some of the kids ended up getting help, but some of them didn't. Very disturbing stuff.

What kept it from getting a higher rating from you given how disturbing/heart-breaking it was?

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2009, 01:15:05 AM »

What kept it from getting a higher rating from you given how disturbing/heart-breaking it was?

It didn't make me laugh. Is that the answer you're looking for? I don't know what else to say. It walked a very fine line between being exploitive and that made watching it a very uneasy experience.
See God, Kai

Keith Whitener

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2009, 01:20:41 AM »
It didn't make me laugh. Is that the answer you're looking for? I don't know what else to say. It walked a very fine line between being exploitive and that made watching it a very uneasy experience.

Ha, no. I was just trying to figure out how, for you, this compares to something like Hoarders/Intervention.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2009, 07:45:13 AM »
Well, obviously it's worse because kids were involved.
See God, Kai

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2009, 10:43:16 AM »
I have a question:

Mike,

Your signature line "See God, Kai" ?  Is that reference to the HBO John from Cincinnati series, Hans Christian Andersen's story "The Snow Queen," or something else?

Thank you.
Doing it Mentos style.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2009, 10:47:43 AM »
It's a reference to John from Cincinnati, a show that, strangely, I've grown more fond of the further I get from it.
See God, Kai

Kim Kelly

« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2009, 11:13:28 AM »
I still say, "I got my eye on YOU" to my cat.
Too soon?

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2009, 06:18:24 PM »
It's a reference to John from Cincinnati, a show that, strangely, I've grown more fond of the further I get from it.

I've never seen it but it sounds interesting.  Thanks!
Doing it Mentos style.

Keith Whitener

« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2009, 08:29:08 PM »
Mike, have you heard of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_Practices:_The_Story_of_a_Sex_Surrogate

Also, should this thread be moved to the Mike Forum? I started it with what the Mike Forum became in mind, but now that there is a Mike Forum this on going q and a seems like it might get lost. Or perhaps it is best to start new threads? Which do you prefer, Mike?

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2009, 12:16:02 AM »
No, I haven't heard of it (although it does remind me of a Hyapatia Lee movie I saw a long time ago).
See God, Kai

Keith Whitener

« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2009, 12:50:36 AM »
No, I haven't heard of it (although it does remind me of a Hyapatia Lee movie I saw a long time ago).

I just googled her. She has an autobiography and dissociative identity disorder! I find terms like disorder to be unuseful. It creates shame via stigmatization. If her coping mechanism is as described, then the trauma she's trying to deal with requires as much attention as the means by which she deals with it. And it's probably in the book!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2009, 11:09:31 AM »
Mike, have you heard of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_Practices:_The_Story_of_a_Sex_Surrogate

Also, should this thread be moved to the Mike Forum? I started it with what the Mike Forum became in mind, but now that there is a Mike Forum this on going q and a seems like it might get lost. Or perhaps it is best to start new threads? Which do you prefer, Mike?

I actually saw that "film". That's all I can say about it, until I get to Mike's shed.