Author Topic: The Best Show On WFMU Endorses Barack Obama For President.  (Read 23891 times)

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best Show On WFMU Endorses Barack Obama For President.
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 07:01:13 PM »

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 07:06:59 PM »
Done.

Ditto.

Thirded. And, not to give myself undue credit, but my vote's extra-important since Ohio is one of the highly-contested states that could go either way. And I waited in line 3 hours to do it.

My friend said he spent 5 hrs. in line in Columbus.  I said I'm just glad I don't live in a college town in a swing state.

Forrest

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 07:22:06 PM »
I can only pray that my vote tips the scales in Obama's favor in New York.

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 10:02:14 PM »
People have called for a formal endorsement so here it is.

Go and vote for Barack Obama.

Everybody.

Don't vote for anyone else. Seriously.

Don't be a dick.

Vote.

Tom.

Tom is absolutely right. YOU MUST VOTE THE AMERICAN WAY !!! Voting for McPain and that DESPERATE HOUSEWIFE will be UNACCEPTABLE !!!
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 11:47:50 PM »
I'm a little worried about Fort Greene.  Will a neighborhood of middle-class African-American families and overeducated aging white hipsters bring themselves to pull the lever for Obama?!
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 05:10:50 AM »
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

bobby.

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
BEST SHOW: EXERCISE AND EATING WELL

Sarah

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2008, 11:52:24 AM »
Is anyone else scared to death? 

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 11:59:16 AM »
Is anyone else scared to death? 

Yes. I am very, very concerned.  Anyone who thinks this is a done deal is insane.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2008, 12:12:51 PM »
I saw this comment on a conservative legal blog and it rang true to me (apart from his incorrect use of "badly"):

I keep getting forwarded e-mails from my parents that say that Obama was born in Kenya, he took the oath of office with the Koran, he is a muslim, hates America, he's bestest buds with Billy Ayers, he lied about whether he attended Wright's church, etc.

I have debunked each of these claims point by point. The last e-mail from my Mom had 13 separate easily falsifiable lies. When I asked her why she believes lie #14 from e-mail correspondents who lied 13 times before, she said "There are so many things, there must be something there. I have never heard so much bad stuff about a candidate before. Something's fishy."

These claims are targeted at the low-information voter and are designed to give remnant racism a morally palatable "reason" to vote against Obama - even if the person can't name one of McCain's positions on the actual issues.

I feel badly for McCain - if he does manage to pull out a victory tomorrow it will be on the backs of racists and idiots. (NB to McCain supporters: yes, yes, I know YOU have good issue-based reasons to support McCain - I'm talking about the idjits who are "undecided" today and will go to the polls and vote for the white guy.

This makes me sad - I like McCain and think he'd be a reasonably competent president. I just don't like how he is going to win.

http://volokh.com/posts/1225701081.shtml#475259

My tenuous faith in democracy is hanging on by a thread.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 12:24:41 PM »
My tenuous faith in democracy is hanging on by a thread.

Seriously, this is why I declined an invitation to go to the celebration they've got planned in Chicago tomorrow night.  If Obama were to lose that would be the absolute last place I'd want to be.

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 12:40:49 PM »
I went to the Air America party in 2004 on Election Night, right after my show.

I got to watch the light go out in Sam Seder's heart that night as he watched the election slip away.

If I could handle that, I can handle anything.

My post-show election plans will be announced on the air, depending on how things shape up/down. People in JC, please let me know where The Party is.

Tom.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 12:44:59 PM »
http://www.nme.com/news/ramones/40796

The infighting between Johnny and Joey continues beyond the grave.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

<<<<<

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 01:09:07 PM »
I'm significantly less distressed about this election than I was 2004.

I would be more concerned about a stolen election if Republican luminaries hadn't been falling all over themselves to endorse Obama the last two weeks or so.

The Republican party is in such a state of utter disarray, it literally makes me feel a little better about the outlook for humanity.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2008, 01:54:15 PM »
No matter the outcome, the right cannot possibly make me any more afraid than they have made me in the recent past. The day after Bush secured it for the second time was the worst day in America I've lived through short of 9/11, bar none.

Of course I'd be crushed if we didn't pull it out this time, just not even so much because the GOP won, as for the potential evolution we'd lost. Thankfully, this will not come to pass. Conservatives would have to summon Satan himself (not that they aren't trying) to give McCain even a CHANCE at winning this thing now, Bradley effect be damned.