Author Topic: Agree and/or Disagree  (Read 12316 times)

Jake from Memphis

• Policemans heel
Re: Agree and/or Disagree
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2009, 04:22:54 PM »
Disagree: I'm Not There

I actually couldn't agree with him more on this one. Esp. the whole idea that if "you don't like it, you don't get it." This argument seems to be the last resort of Fight Club fans too. I mean, awesome that you liked it. But I hate it when people can't understand that it's completely possible to "get it" and still hate it. It's like they're so pleased with the ability to identify cleverness they can't comprehend that others might be able to have opinions that go beyond the smug curtain.

I totally agree with you on this.  I loved the movie, but really enjoyed hearing Tom rip i apart because sure you can get it and not like it.  In fact, I understand anyone who didn;t like it.  There was plenty not to like, but I enjoyed it all the same.  Fight Club is also just total trash so it's a little different.

KickTheBobo

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2009, 05:34:59 PM »
Agree: Rollins, the Great Country of Canada, Drive Like Jehu's s/t, LOTR/ Star Wars, Kevin Smith
Disagree: Fight Club, Jazz & Blues, Lil Wayne, There Will Be Blood, Apple products, Elvis Costello

hugman

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2009, 05:47:46 PM »
I find it curious that The Kid has declared the Spiderbags better than the DC Snipers as The Spiderbags stuff is way more twang-laden.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2009, 06:16:15 PM »
I actually couldn't agree with him more on this one. Esp. the whole idea that if "you don't like it, you don't get it." This argument seems to be the last resort of Fight Club fans too. I mean, awesome that you liked it. But I hate it when people can't understand that it's completely possible to "get it" and still hate it. It's like they're so pleased with the ability to identify cleverness they can't comprehend that others might be able to have opinions that go beyond the smug curtain.

As an undying fan of the show I am reluctant to point this out, but the same could be said nearly word for word for Tim and Eric Awesome Show, by one of it's many haters. Smugness gets nobody anywhere!

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2010, 11:55:01 AM »
What did Tom say about The Band?
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.