Author Topic: Agree and/or Disagree  (Read 12311 times)

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
Re: Agree and/or Disagree
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 09:05:17 AM »
Agree:  ABBA, Clifford, most things

Disagree:  Munn being Queen of the Hate Pit.  We all know she'd chose to be High Empress of the Hate Pit.

Things about which Tom has "shown me the light": The Police, Olive Garden salad and breadsticks (which are thrust at me daily by my roommate, the waiter), just being myself once in a while, i.e. during calls.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

spacepope

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 12:47:35 PM »
Disagree: baseball, the band, tool academy, and i fail to see how playing kickball is kidstuff while reading comic books isn't.

Ha!

Agree: Kickball and everything else (he's not serious about ABBA)
Disagree: Baseball. The Twitter talk.

What do you mean he's not serious about ABBA? Do you think Tom enjoys ABBA ironically because I don't think so. I'm pretty sure Tom knows ABBA is great. Either that or everyone else is in on this joke but me. I can't stand thinking that everyone is laughing at this and, by extension, laughing at me. You, sir, have blown my mind and made me face my biggest fear.

mcphee from the forum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 02:03:21 PM »
yeah I think that guy is projecting
My mommy made me boots.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 02:32:15 PM »
We are all laughing at you, spacepope, but it's not because of this ABBA business. I believe Tom's appreciation of ABBA is sincere. It better be.

theericcarr

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 03:11:28 PM »
I also agree wholeheartedly in Tom's 'thumbs-down' vote on overrated hip hop group The Clipse.

It was a brave stance, and one that he has my full support on.

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 07:04:04 PM »
I also agree wholeheartedly in Tom's 'thumbs-down' vote on overrated hip hop group The Clipse.

It was a brave stance, and one that he has my full support on.

+1

joe

• Policemans heel
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 07:37:38 PM »
Agree: PT Anderson, ABBA, The Police, George Carlin, New Jersey
Disagree: Baseball, mixed martial arts, some metal

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2009, 08:01:50 PM »
1) AP Mike will someday be on the news. Not in a "saved-a-puppy" way.

2) Rampant illiteracy within Tool Academy. C'mon... I don't think any of those guys could manage to get gel in their hair with out carefully reading the directions on the bottle. Twice.

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2009, 12:50:04 PM »
Listening to the very funny 09/25/2001 show with the angry Mr. Bungle Fan...

Agree: Frank Zappa, Mr. Bungle, Secret Chiefs, John Zorn, Buckethead, Alice Donut, Butthole Surfers,Lard, Bootsauce, Sausage, Primus, Monks of Doom, Oysterhead, Victims Family, 2475

Disagree: NoMeansNo
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2009, 01:40:08 PM »

I missed that one. What did Tom say about NoMeansNo? I like them. A lot!

Anyway...

I agree with Tom on almost everything.  But I enjoyed The Lord of the Rings and The Aristocrats.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2009, 02:36:08 PM »

I missed that one. What did Tom say about NoMeansNo? I like them. A lot!

Anyway...

I agree with Tom on almost everything.  But I enjoyed The Lord of the Rings and The Aristocrats.

It is the first call of the show (about 24 min. in) and the guy asks Tom if he likes Mr. Bungle (after confirming that Tom dislikes Frank Zappa). Tom politely says no. The guy couldn't believe it and then starts listing more bands he thinks Tom should "respect". Tom dislikes ALL of them. The only one he was kind of on the fence with is B. Surfers. Felt he missed them in their heyday. (I actually agree with that too.)

And the only one on the list that I disagreed with Tom was NoMeansNo. And then I remembered this thread...

It is well worth a listen.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

erechoveraker

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2009, 03:03:47 PM »
Also agree: Speed Racer.

I watched that thing last night, it's actually lots of fun and kinda cool, despite being completely insane. I'd go see the sequel to this in a minute, too bad we'll never get one now.

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2009, 04:25:39 PM »
agree: most things, I guess.
disagree: jazz, alt country, tom waits

It seems that Tom hates just about all the music I like, which is disheartening.  A lot.
Your vigor for life appalls me.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2009, 04:28:35 AM »
agree: most things, I guess.
disagree: jazz, alt country, tom waits

It seems that Tom hates just about all the music I like, which is disheartening.  A lot.

This harkens back to Tom's days of playing lots of Andrew W.K.  I hear those episodes in the archives and I can never tell if he actually enjoys the music, or if he's just making fun of the guy.

I like W.K. because he makes meat-head music but he's not trying to be tough (i.e. Godsmack, Disturbed, Linkin Park) and is instead just being fun.  A whole lot of fun, frankly. 

His "I Get Wet" album will always have a place in my CD collection.  Whaaaat?

Still, I can't tell if Tom really likes him or not.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

kittykittymeowmixhead

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2009, 09:11:08 PM »
Agree: Video games, smoking, duck crossing, Elton John, Kevin Smith, Outlaw Pete, Tool Academy, Mr. Brooks
Disagree: Paying for things with change, Mr. Bungle (nothing else coming to mind at the moment)
Neither Agree Nor Disagree: Comics