Author Topic: Agree and/or Disagree  (Read 12323 times)

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
Re: Agree and/or Disagree
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 08:00:03 PM »
How dare ALL of you! Read your FOT card again.

Agree = EVERYTHING

erechoveraker

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 08:02:02 PM »
Agree: Billy Crystal, ABBA, celebrity death pools
Disagree: Joey Levels

haha poooor Joey Levels.

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 08:15:54 PM »
Agree: Most things

Disagree: Tom Waits, Baseball
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 08:53:24 PM »
Disagre: baseball, the band, tool academy, and i fail to see how playing kickball is kidstuff while reading comic books isn't.

Ha!

Agree: Kickball and everything else (he's not serious about ABBA)
Disagree: Baseball. The Twitter talk.

franks.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 09:17:53 PM »
Agree: Improv Everywhere, Riddles, Tom Waits
Disagree: Baseball, The Band, Bluegrass

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 09:54:47 PM »
Disagree: Steely Dan, Tom Waits, Al Green, Laurel & Hardy, blues music, baseball, and heavy metal
Agree: The Band, Zappa, Fight Club, Kevin Smith, Quentin Tarantino

Mine is the same as this, except for me agreeing with Tom and not MOS on Steely Dan.

Although, I'm kind of turning against baseball romanticism.  Not the Bill James baseball freaks, who are great, or normal fans.  But the kind that sees baseball as a kind of bucolic ballet or psychological chess or something.  I enjoy the pace of baseball but people only project that junk onto it because there's so much dead time for them to start imagining stuff.

If I could limit the catalog of Ween to 1990-1997 I'd disagree with Tom on that.  After that it's been so uneven I'm tending toward agree.

To answer Ike, above, BWE is special in that it's hilarious and keeps me informed about the pop culture BS I would otherwise have no idea about.  But where it REALLY shines is in having the most incompetent podcasting operation I have encountered in my decades of podcast subscribing.

A.M. Thomas

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 10:02:10 PM »
Disagree: Joey Levels

Justice for Joey Levels!

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

hugman

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 10:12:55 PM »
I just started to start a Baseball thread in GD, but stopped cuz I got nothing to say at the moment other than ever since I learned to appreciate the nuances of pitching I can honestly say that I am often hanging on every pitch.  At least when the Cardinals are playing.

DoodleJump!

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 12:21:51 AM »
How dare ALL of you! Read your FOT card again.

Agree = EVERYTHING
Oh, I was thinking about what would be in my bit, then I read that comment. Wow, talk about humbled. Thanks for bring us back down to earth, Senorcorazon.
:)
"Enough with the bandana, already." -Trace Atkins to Donald Trump

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 06:32:46 AM »
Although, I'm kind of turning against baseball romanticism.  Not the Bill James baseball freaks, who are great, or normal fans.  But the kind that sees baseball as a kind of bucolic ballet or psychological chess or something.  I enjoy the pace of baseball but people only project that junk onto it because there's so much dead time for them to start imagining stuff.

I totally agree with this. There's a part of baseball that I do find sort of romantic, but it's definitely not the stuff you mention. If you haven't, check this book out:

It's a celebration of baseball via the childhood hobby of card collecting and honors the weird photos, odd nicknames, and forgotten schlubs of the past. It encapsulates almost everything I love about the game without too much of the undeserved self-aggrandizing that certain scholars and historians are prone to (i.e. the kind of stuff you mention).
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 06:42:40 AM »
One more disagree I forgot: Afghan Whigs/Greg Dulli
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 10:28:23 AM »
Agree: ABBA (but only after listening to TBSOWFMU for quite some time), metal, Jen Kirkman, being polite to ladies
Disagree: sports, just about anything vaguely high-brow

theericcarr

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 10:31:45 AM »
Agree: Kid Rock.

Disagree: Lenny Bruce.

oilcantim

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 12:03:29 PM »

I totally agree with this. There's a part of baseball that I do find sort of romantic, but it's definitely not the stuff you mention. If you haven't, check this book out:

It's a celebration of baseball via the childhood hobby of card collecting and honors the weird photos, odd nicknames, and forgotten schlubs of the past. It encapsulates almost everything I love about the game without too much of the undeserved self-aggrandizing that certain scholars and historians are prone to (i.e. the kind of stuff you mention).

Man, I haven't thought about that book in years.  It's great, though!  It's like a compendium of schlubs and inexcusable, awkward poses.

oilcantim

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 12:07:33 PM »
I almost forgot!

Agree: The Monkees, Al Green, Game Theory, Unrest, This American Life (I used to love it, but now?  Ick.)
Disagree: Synecdoche, NY, The Band, baseball, Joey Levels