Author Topic: Mike's ceiling fan  (Read 1272 times)

noah

Mike's ceiling fan
« on: January 22, 2015, 06:12:09 PM »
I'm sorry to bog down the board with research questions.  Was it Hatch or Spoony that AP Mike convinced to help him fix his ceiling fan? 

This was on a fill-in show, I believe the Rest Show, where Mike wanted to do a remote.  His idea was to take Hatch/Spoony to his apartment and attempt to fix his ceiling fan, while calling in to give updates all the way.  Mike then ditched the ceiling fan and made his way to Massa's for beers instead. 

I've listened to all the fill-in shows during the summer months and I can't find these calls.  I thought it was during the summer because it was hot and fixing Mike's fan was an issue.

Anybody got any info?

BrandonNC

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Mike's ceiling fan
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 09:47:25 PM »
It was Hatch on the August 28, 2012 episode.

https://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=47154&archive=81352

It first comes up around the 1 hour mark, the deciding vote to go through with it is around 1:17, and the call begins around 1:33.

noah

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 10:00:51 PM »
Thanks Brandon.  I kept digging through all the non-DR archives, that's why I couldn't find.  I'm a Rainbow-dummy.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 10:31:38 PM »
Just for the record, I didn't want to do a remote and I sure as hell wasn't going to install a ceiling fan by flashlight. But being a good sport, I made the best of an awkward situation.
See God, Kai

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 02:29:15 PM »
Just for the record, I didn't want to do a remote and I sure as hell wasn't going to install a ceiling fan by flashlight. But being a good sport, I made the best of an awkward situation.
You did fine work on that one, Mike, even though I really wanted to hear you sing Deacon Blues in the car.
This may be the year I will disappear.

noah

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 05:00:24 PM »
I went back and confirmed that it was Maggie Serota's idea.  I made the appropriate corrections for my piece.  Thanks everyone.