Author Topic: Show is 3h with music and 3h without music - how?  (Read 1618 times)

"Jon"

• Plantar Fasciitis
Show is 3h with music and 3h without music - how?
« on: June 30, 2015, 09:19:13 AM »

Hi,
I'm pretty new to The Best Show, so please excuse me if this has been answered before (I did search but found nothing).
Ever since I started listening (shortly before the the WFMU era ended), I was wondering how it is possible that the show is 3 hours long when it airs live (with the music intact), yet still 3h long without the music. Due to time difference I've never been able to listen live, so I had no chance to compare the live show to the podcast.
Please enlighten me about this glitch in the space-time-continuum...

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Show is 3h with music and 3h without music - how?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 02:12:18 PM »
Hi,

I'm pretty new to The Best Show, so please excuse me if this has been answered before (I did search but found nothing).

Ever since I started listening (shortly before the the WFMU era ended), I was wondering how it is possible that the show is 3 hours long when it airs live (with the music intact), yet still 3h long without the music. Due to time difference I've never been able to listen live, so I had no chance to compare the live show to the podcast.
[/size]
[/size]Please enlighten me about this glitch in the space-time-continuum...

In the theory of relativity, time dilation is a difference of elapsed time between two events as measured by observers either moving relative to each other or differently situated from a gravitational mass or masses.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 10:42:18 PM »
Hi,

[/size]

[/size]Please enlighten me about this glitch in the space-time-continuum...

In the theory of relativity, time dilation is a difference of elapsed time between two events as measured by observers either moving relative to each other or differently situated from a gravitational mass or masses.

If Tom was still playing Led Zeppelin at the start of the show, I would say he got the Led out.

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 04:50:54 AM »
The show is now likely to run over three hours since there's nobody coming into the studio to start their show at midnight like there was at WFMU. With the music cut out it leaves a podcast version that's around three hours in length.

Tom doesn't have to go until he wants to go.

"Jon"

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 11:51:37 AM »
Thanks, that's very likely for the new Best Show. But still, even in the WFMU days, the podcast version (without music) ran almost exactly 3h. And no "filler" either. So I'm still confused. Not a big deal though. Only bothers me when it's hot and humid and I have a hard time sleeping.