Author Topic: Best Show bit that I fully may have dreamed  (Read 4177 times)

Mark

• Plantar Fasciitis
Best Show bit that I fully may have dreamed
« on: January 24, 2018, 03:48:28 PM »
Was there a phase of S&W calls where the concept of throwing ink in someone's face was prevalent? I hit the archives pretty regularly but still can't seem to get any definitive proof that I'm not imagining this. I swear I remember a call where someone describes seeing Alf at some kind of a banquet(?!) and throwing ink in his face. If I made that up, I'm still into it, but if anyone knows the call, I'd love to hear that too.

Mark

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Best Show bit that I fully may have dreamed
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 03:52:33 PM »
And yes, this is my first post here in 10 years. It's that important to me!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 10:00:28 PM »
Was there a phase of S&W calls where the concept of throwing ink in someone's face was prevalent? I hit the archives pretty regularly but still can't seem to get any definitive proof that I'm not imagining this. I swear I remember a call where someone describes seeing Alf at some kind of a banquet(?!) and throwing ink in his face. If I made that up, I'm still into it, but if anyone knows the call, I'd love to hear that too.

Yess.... not in the early days. I can't remember whether it was ink but it was something they threw in people's faces. This would have been more recent (2010 or after?).

Omar?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

leeharveyosmond

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 11:33:08 PM »
there was a thing they mentioned a few times around 2015-2016 about throwing balloons filled with pepto bismol in people's faces but i can't think of anything with ink

Mark

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 01:55:34 PM »

Yess.... not in the early days. I can't remember whether it was ink but it was something they threw in people's faces. This would have been more recent (2010 or after?).

Omar?
For some reason I was thinking 2007-2008 range, but not sure.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 04:56:41 PM »

Omar?

I recall the Pepto-filled balloons, but I have no memory of the ink throwing (at Alf or others). If it did actually occur, I would be surprised if it was 2007-2008 because I have a very good knowledge of those calls having heard most of them multiple times.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Mark

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2021, 10:13:19 AM »
OK checking back in with important news on this topic that only pertains to me:

The Wurster mention of seeing Alf at an 80s Cavalcade of Stars autograph signing and throwing ink in his face (because he was being a total jerk) occurs at the 2:05 mark of the 11/8/2011 episode, during a call from Joff in Newbridge.

It's hard to sum up the emotions I'm experiencing having finally confirmed this bit as real. Thank you all for your service.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 09:41:44 PM »
OK checking back in with important news on this topic that only pertains to me:

The Wurster mention of seeing Alf at an 80s Cavalcade of Stars autograph signing and throwing ink in his face (because he was being a total jerk) occurs at the 2:05 mark of the 11/8/2011 episode, during a call from Joff in Newbridge.

It's hard to sum up the emotions I'm experiencing having finally confirmed this bit as real. Thank you all for your service.

And he always pronounces it "calvalcade"!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!