Author Topic: Picture Thread  (Read 943033 times)

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Picture Thread
« Reply #1305 on: October 16, 2009, 12:08:45 PM »
Best voice in popular music.  I actually find her singing more powerful on the NP stuff, but I really like her solo songs, too.

...and she presents that voice live to. The hair on the back of my neck stood up during the first song I heard her sing live.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1306 on: October 16, 2009, 03:50:35 PM »
Best voice in popular music.  I actually find her singing more powerful on the NP stuff, but I really like her solo songs, too.

...and she presents that voice live to. The hair on the back of my neck stood up during the first song I heard her sing live.

I have a radio recording of the NP's doing "Myriad Harbour" and "Adventures in Solitude" and she's only doing harmonizing and backup and it just blows you away.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1307 on: October 16, 2009, 04:09:32 PM »

I have a radio recording of the NP's doing "Myriad Harbour" and "Adventures in Solitude" and she's only doing harmonizing and backup and it just blows you away.

I thought I heard her on Prairie Home Invasion last weekend.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1308 on: October 17, 2009, 08:06:45 AM »

Agreed. But that picture makes her look about 25 years older than her actual age.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1309 on: October 17, 2009, 09:41:53 PM »

Agreed. But that picture makes her look about 25 years older than her actual age.

Which, er, is pretty much what I was trying to say.  It's unflattering based on other pictures of her I've seen.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #1310 on: October 17, 2009, 11:22:28 PM »

Which, er, is pretty much what I was trying to say.  It's unflattering based on other pictures of her I've seen.

Sorry buff-I may have derailed your point by saying I thought she looked badass. I do agree her usual pics are certainly better, but everything is so 'shopped these days that I would say she's made to look routinely about 10-15 years younger than she actually is.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1311 on: October 18, 2009, 10:19:43 AM »

Sorry buff-I may have derailed your point by saying I thought she looked badass. I do agree her usual pics are certainly better, but everything is so 'shopped these days that I would say she's made to look routinely about 10-15 years younger than she actually is.

But in that photo, she wouldn't be out of place in the opening scene from Barfly.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1312 on: October 27, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
What's that first word again?

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1313 on: October 29, 2009, 03:42:19 PM »
Those are certainly some unfortunately placed snowflakes.
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1314 on: October 31, 2009, 06:18:43 PM »

didn't notice the Abbott and Costello one.
veni dixie vici

Jason

« Reply #1315 on: November 06, 2009, 07:32:49 PM »
Guy Fawkes night in Jersey City.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1316 on: November 06, 2009, 07:44:37 PM »
Guy Fawkes night in Jersey City.

Now, that looks like my kind of party!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1317 on: November 07, 2009, 08:08:39 AM »

這不會是半的如滑稽,如果我的中國學生didn' t經常嘲笑我的嘗試是包含的通过提供我的在我在邊拾起的普通話的演講。

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1318 on: November 07, 2009, 08:10:03 AM »
For those of you who don't read Mandarin, what I said was

This will not be half like funny, if my Chinese student didn' t ridiculed frequently I the attempt is contains through provides me in me the standard spoken Chinese lecture which picks up in the side.

dfk

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1319 on: November 07, 2009, 11:12:48 AM »
Stupid disease?  I've never heard of stupid disease.  WHAT IF I HAVE STUPID DISEASE?