Author Topic: FOT Extra-Curricular Activities Bulletin Board  (Read 201523 times)

Emily

• Space Champion!
Re: FOT Extra-Curricular Activities Bulletin Board
« Reply #270 on: September 26, 2008, 04:27:17 PM »
Fate/Nepotism has afforded me the opportunity to make an illustration for vanity fair online:
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/culture/2008/08/26/qa-the-professor-who-took-on-prop-joe.html#entry-more

Hey, great work! Congrats!

KickTheBobo

« Reply #271 on: September 27, 2008, 12:50:50 PM »
Fate/Nepotism has afforded me the opportunity to make an illustration for vanity fair online:
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/culture/2008/08/26/qa-the-professor-who-took-on-prop-joe.html#entry-more

good work, JJunk! congrats.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #272 on: September 28, 2008, 08:44:49 PM »
I posted my own thing with such self-absorption I didn't see the other posts around it.

Nicely done, JJ!  You know that Harper's cartoonist who helped take down Boss Tweed? Well, he was a lightweight compared to you!

Go see Mathematicians on their fall tour, wherever you are. You'll dance a lot and have fun, I promise!!!

The Mathematics look like a lot of fun, Beth. Too bad I already used my "one live show per year" credits for 2008 (ah, parenting).
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #273 on: September 28, 2008, 11:17:38 PM »
Hey, thanks a lot Jon and KTB!
I'm definitely planning on going to the Double Dagger/Mathemeticians show at Colin's house.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #274 on: September 28, 2008, 11:37:18 PM »
Hey, thanks a lot Jon and KTB!
I'm definitely planning on going to the Double Dagger/Mathemeticians show at Colin's house.

JJ, unless you know something I don't know, I don't believe they're playing that show with Double Dagger. Those guys did have a show planned  together--in Baltimore a few days ago-- but it fell through because of a double booking (nice as they are though, the band threw up a bunch of bulletins, telling people to go to the Mathematicians show instead of theirs!)

I checked after seeing your post because I hoped those dudes were finally going to be able to play together again...and wouldn't that just be awesome. But yeah, Double Dagger has a different show listed for that date on their myspace. I may have mislead you in our PM exchange, since it was originally titled "double dagger" and I just used that same one to let you know that Mathematicians would be in L.A. on the 20th... per your request for a heads up.  ;D.

Congrats on the illustration! Hope you have fun at the show.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #275 on: September 29, 2008, 12:42:50 AM »
Oops, I got confused!  I was kind of amazed that d.d. would make it all the way out to l.a. since they seem to stick to the eastern seaboard.  Okay, so I'll see the mathematicians then!

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #276 on: October 11, 2008, 03:36:41 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgqOZvQ-56o

Written by me. Voiced over by myself and a fellow named Daniel V. Klein.  Editing by Alex Johnson of Lachima Films.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #277 on: October 11, 2008, 05:54:52 PM »
Great stuff, Jon!

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #278 on: October 11, 2008, 06:43:43 PM »
Agreed, that rules, Jon.

erechoveraker

« Reply #279 on: October 11, 2008, 06:58:05 PM »
That was great.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #280 on: October 12, 2008, 09:37:17 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgqOZvQ-56o

Written by me. Voiced over by myself and a fellow named Daniel V. Klein.  Editing by Alex Johnson of Lachima Films.

You should do a whole ten part series.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #281 on: October 12, 2008, 03:22:33 PM »
That's awesome.  I loved the Mark Twain zing.  And who knew that Jenna Jameson was born in 1984?

I gots a couple more.  I'm in Milwaukee until Wednesday for this:

Theatre Mainstage Series: 1001
Tuesday, 10/14/2008 - Sunday, 10/19/2008 – 7:30 p.m.

by Jason Grote
Directed by Rebecca Holderness
The politics of romance, the collision of cultures, and the persistence of emotional deception link the ancient Persian markets and palaces of Scheherazade with Manhattan in the age of electronic courtship in this contemporary retelling of One Thousand and One Nights by Jason Grote. Directed by Rebecca Holderness

Mainstage Theatre 2400 E. Kenwood Bd.
Single tickets: $15 general / $9 students, seniors & UWM alumni, faculty & staff
Subscriptions: $52/general, $30/students, seniors & alumni
Information & Tickets: 414-229-4308
arts.uwm.edu/theatre

And I guess you all know about this by now.  Tonight at 9!!!  I'll actually be in rehearsal and will have to listen to the archive.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #282 on: October 12, 2008, 05:38:59 PM »
Damn, Jason. There's nothing you can't do! You're like Vaclav Havel....or Timbaland! 

I await the opening of your chain of barbecue restaurants in 2009!

-JFM

P.S. I will definitely be listening tonight at 9.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #283 on: October 13, 2008, 12:34:28 AM »
Thanks 2x, Jon!  I hope to reunite Czechoslovakia, become its president, and create a video game adjudicating body as an alternative to Twin Galaxies.  Then I'll declare myself world Qbert champion.  Then I'll do some booming remixes of Plastic People of the Universe songs.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

A.M. Thomas

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #284 on: October 13, 2008, 01:27:31 AM »
That's awesome.  I loved the Mark Twain zing.  And who knew that Jenna Jameson was born in 1984?

I gots a couple more.  I'm in Milwaukee until Wednesday for this:

Theatre Mainstage Series: 1001
Tuesday, 10/14/2008 - Sunday, 10/19/2008 – 7:30 p.m.

by Jason Grote
Directed by Rebecca Holderness
The politics of romance, the collision of cultures, and the persistence of emotional deception link the ancient Persian markets and palaces of Scheherazade with Manhattan in the age of electronic courtship in this contemporary retelling of One Thousand and One Nights by Jason Grote. Directed by Rebecca Holderness

Mainstage Theatre 2400 E. Kenwood Bd.
Single tickets: $15 general / $9 students, seniors & UWM alumni, faculty & staff
Subscriptions: $52/general, $30/students, seniors & alumni
Information & Tickets: 414-229-4308
arts.uwm.edu/theatre

And I guess you all know about this by now.  Tonight at 9!!!  I'll actually be in rehearsal and will have to listen to the archive.

Jason:

Do you know the next time one of your plays will run in New York (and more specifically One Thousand and One Nights)?

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.