Author Topic: Flight of the ConChords - I'm Diggin' It!  (Read 3324 times)

KickTheBobo

Flight of the ConChords - I'm Diggin' It!
« on: August 23, 2007, 09:44:46 AM »
I was apprehensive at first, but those two Kiwis have charmed this fella. This first season was a wee bit heavy on the Girl Trouble, so hopefully they'll come up with some new plotlines and ideas for next time. I did notice a wee bit of David Brent coming from Murray in this last episode when he was telling the boys that they should expect "drugs, threesomes, dinners". That's okay though, as he adds alot to the cast.

Is Mel like way sexy, or am I just deranged?

So if you are a discerning television watcher (not to be all snobby, but I did give the new Brett Michaels reality show a fair 5 minutes - it stunk), and enjoy some deadpan, check out FOTC. Most of the episodes are available on youtube.

Oh, and I'll just add this: I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Americans::Canadians
Australians::Kiwis

HERE'S YOUR PRECIOUS LINK YOU JERKS

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Flight of the ConChords - I'm Diggin' It!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 10:12:22 AM »
I've only watched a couple episodes online and they were pretty funny. I plan to watch many more.
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

Laurie

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 10:23:14 AM »
Mel is super cute, that's for sure.

And I started out thinking Jemaine (no R!) was ugly, but I've been converted. I don't know if it's his David Bowie voice or what, but I now think Jemaine is way cuter than Brit Bret. I would like to have a twosome with Jemaine, but I would not say no to a man-man-lady threesome with the two of them.

Am I oversharing?

Also, I want a mouse pad.

Sarah

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 10:29:08 AM »
The most recent episode was the first when the girl-trouble theme really began to pall for me--although I did feel very sorry for poor, crazy, besotted Mel when she had to share the boys with those two Jezebel-come-latelys.  I hope they come up with something else to beleaguer the lads in season 2; I would hate for this to cease being a show I actually look forward to.

Meanwhile, continued thanks to Stan for occasionally adopting a Kiwi accent in the chat.  I often wish my parents had had the good sense to stay in Richmond rather than hauling the family back to the U.S. after a year.  NZ was like one big Lubec all those years ago, and they, poor sillies, found it desperately lonely and dull.  Now, of course, they'd love it.  And, obviously, so would I--although Riley told me in those far-off days when he was chatting that Richmond has been eaten up by Nelson, so it's not the paradise I remember.  Even so . . .

Laurie

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 10:30:59 AM »
I need those posters in Murray's office. "New Zealand: It's Not Part of Australia."

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 11:29:26 AM »
It's really grown on me.  Most of last week's episode cracked me up.  Yeah, the girlfriend plots are repetitive but at least all the girls have been super-cute.  Attractiveness is the most important aspect of comedy, anyone will tell you that.

Surely the biggest problem will be coming up with new songs for season 2.  Bret said in an AV Club interview they've exhausted "98%" of their catalog.  Hopefully they take their time before returning. 

I also love how they're on self-consciously "edgy" HBO yet are still extremely mindful of their language ("Aw, you wouldn't swear at us, would you Murray?")

Also, why is this in the "links" section?  Let's keep order here, guys.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 11:44:33 AM »
It also already has its own thread. JEEZ, Bobo!

http://www.friendsoftom.com/forum/index.php/topic,1012.0.html

Kristen Schaal is definitely lovely.  She could stalk me any time. 
[youtube=425,350]J5LLpY79iJ8[/youtube]

KickTheBobo

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 02:11:38 PM »
Oops. Sorry about posting in the wrong section folks!

And Dorvid this is a thread about Flight of the ConChords which is a show on HBO about two musicians from New Zealand. I don't know what that other thread is about.

and just so it's official, I have included a VERY SPECIAL link in my original post.

christine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 03:54:12 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks this show has a bit of a Monkees vibe?  Like how they live together in a goofy house and they're always falling in love with these nondescript girls and then there're some songs and everything's kinda wholesome and also they're just kind of phoning it in the whole time?  Is it just me?

Anyway, I likes it.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 04:06:42 PM »
KTB - that was the best edit in a post EVER.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Jouster

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 04:25:03 PM »
Kristen Schaal's slooow exit on the last episode was the first time I really laughed heartily at the show.  I don't dislike it, it just doesn't cause me to laugh out loud very often, and even then it's chuckles.

Sarah

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 08:45:33 PM »
Oops. Sorry about posting in the wrong section folks!

And Dorvid this is a thread about Flight of the ConChords which is a show on HBO about two musicians from New Zealand. I don't know what that other thread is about.

and just so it's official, I have included a VERY SPECIAL link in my original post.

HERE'S YOUR PRECIOUS LINK YOU JERKS

KTB, I may be falling in love with you.

KickTheBobo

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 09:31:35 AM »

Sarah

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 09:45:24 AM »
To quote Cindy, "Do not trust words on a computer."

Stan

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 10:30:13 PM »
I need those posters in Murray's office. "New Zealand: It's Not Part of Australia."

I like the one that says "New Zealand- Why Not?".
                                 "This must be where buffcoat left his pants."