Author Topic: Shady Characters  (Read 80536 times)

Dorvid Barnas

Re: Shady Characters
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2008, 03:48:12 AM »

Prevert standoff escalates!

Is El Dorado far from Waco?  This might be the wrong time to be thinking about Tom's royalties, but still...

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2008, 10:09:47 AM »

Parents Fight Over Which Gang Toddler Should Join
Police: Mother A Crip, Father A Westside Baller

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. -- A couple fighting about which gang their 4-year-old toddler should join caused a public disturbance that resulted in the father's arrest, Commerce City police said Thursday.
On Saturday, Joseph Manzanares stormed into the Hollywood Video store where his girlfriend worked, threatened to kill her and knocked over several video displays and even a computer, Commerce City police Sgt. Joe Sandoval said.
After he ran out of the store, police were called and the 19-year-old was arrested at his home.

His girlfriend told police that they had been arguing about the upbringing of their son and which gang he should belong to. The teen mother, who is black, is a member of the Crips. Manzanares is Hispanic and belongs to the Westside Ballers gang, the woman said.
"They have different ideas on how the baby should be raised. Basically, she said they cannot agree on which gang the baby would 'claim,'" Sandoval said.
Manzanares was charged with disorderly conduct, harassment, and domestic violence. He was transported to the Adams County Detention Facility.
On Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was sentenced to a year of probation. The misdemeanor harassment charge was dropped.

"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

rootdoc (not my real name)

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2008, 10:30:57 AM »

Parents Fight Over Which Gang Toddler Should Join
Police: Mother A Crip, Father A Westside Baller

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. -- A couple fighting about which gang their 4-year-old toddler should join caused a public disturbance that resulted in the father's arrest, Commerce City police said Thursday.
On Saturday, Joseph Manzanares stormed into the Hollywood Video store where his girlfriend worked, threatened to kill her and knocked over several video displays and even a computer, Commerce City police Sgt. Joe Sandoval said.
After he ran out of the store, police were called and the 19-year-old was arrested at his home.

His girlfriend told police that they had been arguing about the upbringing of their son and which gang he should belong to. The teen mother, who is black, is a member of the Crips. Manzanares is Hispanic and belongs to the Westside Ballers gang, the woman said.
"They have different ideas on how the baby should be raised. Basically, she said they cannot agree on which gang the baby would 'claim,'" Sandoval said.
Manzanares was charged with disorderly conduct, harassment, and domestic violence. He was transported to the Adams County Detention Facility.
On Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was sentenced to a year of probation. The misdemeanor harassment charge was dropped.

I think the obvious choice is the Westside Ballers gang.  The title has less prestige, but they seem to promote physical activity which in today's society is severely lacking.

What I am I supposed to put here?

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2008, 03:20:44 PM »
Right, but the Crips have a longer and more storied tradition.  If they can get him in the Crips now, he has a much better chance of getting into a good prison gang when he gets older.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2008, 03:23:39 PM »
the ballers were my safety.

todd

« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2008, 04:05:25 PM »
Westside Ballers have a shitty dental plan. Crips fo life.

Spoony

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2008, 01:26:12 PM »
The Gold Teeth Dental plan? Yes, their Cobra plan is very credible.

Spoony

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2008, 01:27:17 PM »
And by Cobra plan, I mean their rivals, the Cobra Gang.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2008, 04:30:27 PM »
The Crips won't even read my son's essay until he passes the firearms test AND lets eight guys beat the crap out of him.
The application CLEARLY STATED that the beating was part of orientation, NOT part of the preliminary screening.

My wife is very upset by this - The Crips will be hearing from my attorney.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2008, 09:36:20 PM »

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2008, 11:47:42 PM »

A Navy admiral engaged in sexual relations in the White House in 1990 with a federal employee whom he falsely told he was a widower       

The sex in the White House part, I say go for it.  Who hasn't fontasized about doing it while the Secret Service watches on closed-circuit television?
But telling the lady your wife is dead when she's not?  That is something special.

You, Rear Admiral Stufflebeem, are as shady as your name is hilarious. 

emma

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2008, 09:50:38 AM »

Rear Admiral Stufflebeem

He names just like he pictures!

Laurie

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2008, 10:17:55 AM »

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2008, 10:45:47 AM »
I don't know how much this has been covered in America (I'm guessing not a whole lot), but this story has been front page news, with good reason, all over Europe for a couple of weeks now. It's horrifying on so many levels, and the scope and details are beyond gruesome. It's one of those cases where, when media asks psychologists and the like for an explanation, they're simply stumped. What's also interesting about this story is how Austria is seemingly gaining momentum in the Most Fucked-Up People In Europe race, which Belgium has been the undisputed leader of for the past ten years or so.

And the guy couldn't be more shady.

BBC on Josef Fritzl:

The story of Josef Fritzl, the man believed to have imprisoned his daughter in a cellar for 24 years and fathered her seven children, has been described as one of the worst cases in Austria's criminal history.

[...]

The picture that emerges is of a man who led a double life. In public he appeared to be a respectable member of the community, living in Amstetten with his wife Rosemarie, with whom he had seven grown-up children.

But DNA tests have confirmed he had a second, secret family with his daughter Elisabeth, whom police say he lured into a cellar, aged 18, in 1984 and raped repeatedly.

She gave birth to seven children, three of whom he and Rosemarie adopted or fostered. Three children remained in the cellar with their mother.

Police say Mr Fritzl has also confessed to burning the body of a seventh child shortly after it died in infancy.

[...]

Mr Mayer says his client claims he locked Elisabeth up in order to protect her from the outside world: "She did not obey any rules, she hung around in dodgy bars all night and drank and smoked," Mr Fritzl was quoted as saying.

Mr Fritzl said that he started preparing the cellar dungeon "around 1981 or 1982".

"The cellar in my building belonged to me and me alone. It was my kingdom, that only I had access to. Everyone who lived there knew it," he said.

More on Wikipedia:

Due to their lack of exposure to sunlight, the former captives are extremely pale and cannot endure natural light. The captives all have vitamin D deficiencies and are anaemic. They are likely to have underdeveloped immune systems, although it is yet to be determined whether their immune systems have suffered permanent damage. Due to the low ceilings, Stefan walks with a permanent hunch and Kerstin is described as having a "cramped physical posture". The youngest child prefers to crawl, although he can walk.

The children communicate with each other through a combination of speech and animal sounds, including growling and cooing, while the concentration required to make themselves intelligible to others appears to have an exhausting effect. Elisabeth is reported to appear far older than her 42 years. The oldest, Kerstin, currently hospitalized, has lost most of her teeth.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Laurie

« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2008, 11:17:20 AM »
Happy Mother's Day!