Author Topic: Thank you New York Times AND The New Yorker  (Read 12519 times)

ericluxury

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Thank you New York Times AND The New Yorker
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 02:56:41 PM »
The EMP in Seattle? 

I used to live in Seattle and I can say that I have never seen a building even close to how ugly this building is. It would make me angry to see it. His building design is ugly enough but it has so many ugly, clashing colors. To those who say 'that's the point. this is art. deal with it.' I say take that art and keep it in your city or your home. Do not pollute a beautiful, landmark park with your ugly, confrontational art. Go see Funny Games and Damien Hirch's art and let those of us who enjoy things have a park.

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 03:05:18 PM »

I used to live in Seattle and I can say that I have never seen a building even close to how ugly this building is. It would make me angry to see it. His building design is ugly enough but it has so many ugly, clashing colors. To those who say 'that's the point. this is art. deal with it.' I say take that art and keep it in your city or your home. Do not pollute a beautiful, landmark park with your ugly, confrontational art. Go see Funny Games and Damien Hirch's art and let those of us who enjoy things have a park.

Imagine that in 3,000 years archeologists are excavating this area and are chiseling away into this fossilized building. How long into the digging do you think they would go until they realized that it was an organized structure and not the accidental collapse they thought it was?

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 05:11:26 PM »
Imagine that in 3,000 years archeologists are excavating this area and are chiseling away into this fossilized building. How long into the digging do you think they would go until they realized that it was an organized structure and not the accidental collapse they thought it was?

I doubt most of that material will last even 50 years. I was surprised at how poor the joints were at the Diznee Concert Hall in LA.

"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 05:18:32 PM »
or wasting valuable scholarship money on people with frivolous majors like art

Or pissing it away on sports teams.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 05:27:13 PM »
wait, whuuuuuuuuuuuut
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 05:29:17 PM »
Haw haw haw haw haw!
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2008, 01:48:19 PM »

First of all, how dare you?

Second of all, how dare you.

Third of all (to Eric mostly) to those who would say "It's art, deal with it" you can always say "It's not good art though". 

Fourth of all, I knew one of Gehry's sons in college and he was a huge Toy Dolls fan.  In fact, the only Toy Dolls fan I have ever met.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2008, 02:25:43 PM »

Oh, Junk, come on, that was (I thought) obviously facetious. I was responding to Erika; "artsy dorm designs" have their place (Aalto's Baker House at MIT comes to mind).

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2008, 02:30:40 PM »
First of all... okay.

I figured, Josh, but I was sort of experimenting with righteous indignation.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2008, 02:33:04 PM »
First of all... okay.

I figured, Josh, but I was sort of experimenting with righteous indignation.

Consider my ire raised and lowered. GOOD DAY SIR!

Laurie

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2008, 12:48:34 PM »

Oh, Junk, come on, that was (I thought) obviously facetious. I was responding to Erika; "artsy dorm designs" have their place (Aalto's Baker House at MIT comes to mind).

I like that. It looks like any average dorm, but warped.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2008, 04:17:56 PM »
That dorm looks like someone left it in the car on a hot day.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2008, 02:44:22 PM »
Nice. Finally the NYT has the balls to take on the fashion choices of a 14 year-old.

Honestly? | Ali Lohan Channeling Blair Waldorf

Imagine my surprise — while watching the season premier of E!’s reality show, “Living Lohan,” Blair Waldorf (my favorite “Gossip Girl” character) made a cameo. Only it wasn’t Blair. It was Ali Lohan, Lindsay’s 14-year-old sister, dressed up in Blair drag for her on-camera interview segments. It was full-blown fashion plagiarism, right down to the plaid headband. What would Blair say? Probably: “Nice try, Little Lo. Too bad you can’t style away your Long Island accent.”

Laurie

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2008, 09:46:05 AM »
Nice. Finally the NYT has the balls to take on the fashion choices of a 14 year-old.

Honestly? | Ali Lohan Channeling Blair Waldorf

Imagine my surprise — while watching the season premier of E!’s reality show, “Living Lohan,” Blair Waldorf (my favorite “Gossip Girl” character) made a cameo. Only it wasn’t Blair. It was Ali Lohan, Lindsay’s 14-year-old sister, dressed up in Blair drag for her on-camera interview segments. It was full-blown fashion plagiarism, right down to the plaid headband. What would Blair say? Probably: “Nice try, Little Lo. Too bad you can’t style away your Long Island accent.”

I wish they would discuss Ali's persistent gas face.

That broad does not look 14. SCARY.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2008, 12:42:28 PM »
She's the best MILF/jailbait combo I've ever seen.

...this is fotchan, right?