Author Topic: Hate Pit Continued  (Read 75699 times)

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
Re: Hate Pit Continued
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2008, 10:02:11 PM »

Also, you know who I hate? Matt and Trey, the South Park guys. I hate how they consider anyone with any more empathy than them a "pussy", they've spawned more done-to-death catchphrases than Monty Python, they're treated as some kind of acerbic political geniuses for opting to say "everyone's stupid", they do the "hey wasn't this pop culture thing crazy" stuff just as flagrantly as Family Guy only they're apparently better at it because they can reference it while it's still a week old, and they're arrogant rich little pissants who think being a shithead is the same thing as being countercultural:

"That's the most punk-rock thing you can do in L.A.: say 'George Bush is fucking awesome' instead of talking about how lame it is that he's fighting for oil," says Parker. "The only way to be more hardcore than everyone else is to tell the people who think they're the most hardcore that they're pussies, to go up to a tattooed, pierced vegan and say, 'Whatever, you tattooed faggot, you're a pierced faggot and whatever.' '' He looks very pleased with himself. "That's hardcore."

"Take your scissors and go back to Colorado." -- Tom on pot-smoking Republicans Matt Stone and Trey Parker, 3/14/06
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #241 on: February 06, 2008, 10:08:42 PM »
Down the street from me there's this cafe run by a "cult" called the Twelve Tribes. Their views on women's rights and their roles in society are extremely archaic. But damn, if it isn't some of the best food I've ever had.

In other words, I don't care what those guys do on their own time,  I still crack up every time I watch South Park.

And Team America, World Police, was hilarious

Sarah

« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2008, 07:38:52 AM »
What kind of food do the tribes serve?

ericluxury

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2008, 09:15:27 AM »
"Take your scissors and go back to Colorado." -- Tom on pot-smoking Republicans Matt Stone and Trey Parker, 3/14/06
Its too bad its unavailable to listen to the first part of that show...
Being a long time fan pays, I guess.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2008, 01:52:01 PM »
I saw this article on CNN.com called Glenn Beck: My Untimely Demise and I got excited because I thought it was going to be a suicide note, or at least a letter of resignation.   

No such luck.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2008, 02:21:01 PM »
Also, you know who I hate? Matt and Trey, the South Park guys. I hate how they consider anyone with any more empathy than them a "pussy", they've spawned more done-to-death catchphrases than Monty Python, they're treated as some kind of acerbic political geniuses for opting to say "everyone's stupid", they do the "hey wasn't this pop culture thing crazy" stuff just as flagrantly as Family Guy only they're apparently better at it because they can reference it while it's still a week old, and they're arrogant rich little pissants who think being a shithead is the same thing as being countercultural

I agree with this 10000%.

Hear hear!
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

John Junk

« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2008, 02:32:45 PM »
"'That's the most punk-rock thing you can do in L.A.: say "George Bush is fucking awesome" instead of talking about how lame it is that he's fighting for oil,' says Parker."

Really?  That's it?  That's the most punk rock thing?? 
There are so many things wrong with that quote I don't know where to start.

Not only do I hate these guys, I also hate my friend's husband who works on the show.  I hate him because he basically baited and tried to humiliate my girlfriend for the crime of being a vegetarian while we were out to dinner with him.  Then he payed for the dinner for like 20 people out of some perverse need to be a nice guy/big-shot.  At first it seemed generous, but later I realized it was more jerkness.  I will never be fucking friends with this asshole and he's in my Hate Pit where his job is to rinse off Shepard Fairey's silkscreens.

Also, Team America, World Police was funny for the first half hour, and then it was just exhausting self-reflexive hipster right-wing propaganda.  Watch it again!

Joe Don from Astoria

« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2008, 02:38:12 PM »
That sounds unpleasant, but it could have been worse.  At the end of the meal, the guy could have explained the moral of evening in a high-pitched fourth grader voice.

John Junk

« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2008, 02:43:54 PM »
Ha!  Yeah, it wasn't really that bad.  Just more bad-taste-in-my-mouth style.  To make it up to him I got drunk while having dinner with him, his wife, and some mutual friends and berated him for a half hour and now we don't hang out anymore.

Sarah

« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2008, 02:47:17 PM »
Well, then, your cunning plan succeeded.  Kudos.

<<<<<

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2008, 03:06:36 PM »
"That's the most punk-rock thing you can do in L.A.: say 'George Bush is fucking awesome' instead of talking about how lame it is that he's fighting for oil," says Parker.

Wow, that's pretty much one of the dumber things I've ever heard someone say.

Mainiac FOT

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2008, 05:23:39 PM »
Ha!  Yeah, it wasn't really that bad.  Just more bad-taste-in-my-mouth style.  To make it up to him I got drunk while having dinner with him, his wife, and some mutual friends and berated him for a half hour and now we don't hang out anymore.

Sounds like he's tailor made for an ex-relative thread.

John Junk

« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2008, 05:47:44 PM »

Sounds like he's tailor made for an ex-relativefriend thread.

Well, he's the inspiration.

KickTheBobo

« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2008, 06:42:29 PM »
Wow!  I actually put Julie from Cincinnati down on this thread TWICE and deleted it both times (didn't want to be too negative).  The first time I withdrew was because I was following my own rule that a FOT should never throw another FOT in a hate pit.  Then I realized she wasn't a FOT, that she didn't like the FOT, and I put her on again.  Then I withdrew again because I didn't want to start a FOTwah without support.  And she's a real person and I don't really want to hurt real peoples' feelings.  Mickey Dolenz isn't really a real person in my opinion.  And neither is Shepard Fairey (that motherfucker!)

I tells ya, Shepard Fairey certainly knows how to keep hitting that pop-culture-propaganda-mash-up beat all the way to the freakin' bank. fer chrissakes, it's been almost 20 (twenty) years since I saw my first Andre sticker somewhere in Providence. MOVE THE F**K ON, and try something different, will ya?

I just found this, which I think is quite interesting: a cafe press shop that is soooo ripping off Fairey's "thing". Considering that he appropriates much of his  source material, it's kinda meta-ironic, imho.

note: i am well aware that 99.5% of my own ideas are lifted from other sources.

check it out: Obey The Purebreed

Oh, here's a poster (sold out) that Fairey did of Obama:

Don't worry, Cafe Press has you covered!

John Junk

« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2008, 07:02:11 PM »
Yeah, I saw those.
I like how the Andre the Giant thing morphed from some art-student lark into this big dumb "comment" on propaganda and following arbitrary leader figures and the idea of "Obey"ing arbitrary ideologues, all of whom are the same in his simplistic world-view (Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Andre The Giant, Ming The Merciless, George W. Bush) and then he likes some candidate and does the exact same thing with that candidate, but changes "Obey" to "Progress" and tries to suppress the fact that "Obama" is really close to "Obey Me".  So like all the sudden this tack he's taken to equalize all these various villains, tyrants, and rogues is being used to promote in a non-ironic way a guy he actually likes, but who is shown wearing a fucking Andre The Giant pin?  Wha--?  To promote Fairey or the brand or to align himself with Fairey's fontasy fascist state, or what??? What a shitty artist!  And don't think I don't know that he donates money to charity.  I don't care.