Author Topic: This New Show Called "Lost"  (Read 5861 times)

John Junk

This New Show Called "Lost"
« on: October 06, 2006, 01:12:48 AM »
I am an on-again off-again watcher of Lost.  Here's the thing: isn't it just sort of Twin-Peaks-meets-Myst/Riven-meets-Guantanamo-Bay?  The latest episode has them stuck in cages trying to figure out how to get circus bear treats.  I feel like I'm playing Resident Evil but I'm watching t.v.  I want to open up their utility packs and change the P.O.V. and crap.  I guess Tom spoke to this a little.  On the other hand, I kind of like how it seems to be the only show that sort of touches on war issues and torture issues.  But holy hell they do a lot of torturing on that show.  I want there to be a subplot about one survivor who's just sitting under a coconut tree, living off coconuts, and he has flashbacks to where he overdraws his debit card and has to pay a 25 dollar fee once he finally gets his next paycheck.  Then there's another flashback later where he's telling someone how he doesn't like to eat those snowball snack cakes because the coconut shavings gross him out.  Then he's stuck under a coconut tree for 3-4 seasons. Bitter Irony!  But not that bad.  Nobody knows he's there, And he alone is not connected by 6 degrees of separation to anyone else on the island.  He's just a guy. 

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: This New Show Called "Lost"
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 07:43:37 AM »
Is this a new program? I've never heard of it.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 10:24:29 AM »
And then they pull back and the whole show has been an autistic kid making up stories about his snow globe.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Richard_From_CHI

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 10:37:51 PM »
And then Bob Newart wakes up next to Emily and he was dreaming about the kids with the snowglobe.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 09:54:33 AM »
"Rosebud."
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

jane

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 11:53:33 AM »
Horton Hears A Who

Richard_From_CHI

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 12:09:30 PM »
And in the end the killer is actually dressed as his own mother.

bruce

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 02:16:04 PM »
You guys are all off base it was the wife who killed her not Harrison Ford

Richard_From_CHI

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 10:25:31 PM »
And Darth Vader was really his father.

John Junk

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 12:24:06 AM »
Lost has officially jumped the shark.  My girlfriend told me there was a CGI monster on the last new episode.  Now, months later, there's supposed to be a new episode but it's ANOTHER RECAP episode, THIS TIME with comments from producers and writers.  What is this?  A DVD??  NO!  IT'S Network television!!  It's on right now.  They're like "There's kind of a romantic triangle between Jack, Kate, and Sawyer".  No way?  Really?  I never would've picked up on that!  Oh wait, It's the ONE THING on the show THAT'S OBVIOUS.

John Junk

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 02:01:52 AM »
Oh crap, sat through the whole recap and THEN they had the new show.  I'm totally back on the Lost Horse.  Damnit.

bruce

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 11:28:54 AM »
There was one thing I saw coming a mile away on last nights episode once I saw a certain person pop up again.

John Junk

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 12:50:02 PM »
I guess I know what you're talking about, but I wouldn't have had I not sat through the recap.  The thing works!   I like the whole violent wish-fulfillment angle.

Sarah

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 12:53:24 PM »
I'll wait for it to turn up in syndication.  No doubt the Sci Fi channel will snap it up in a year or two. 

I like to stay behind the curve.

Jason

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 01:26:35 PM »
I've never seen it but the Third Policeman is my favourite book.