Author Topic: Inglorious Bastards  (Read 40406 times)

Gagneaux

• Achilles bursitis
Inglorious Bastards
« on: June 24, 2008, 06:14:01 PM »
I read online today that Quinten Tarantino wants Inglorious Bastards finished in time for Cannes 2009. It doesn't have a cast yet, so he'd better get moving.

My good will towards Tarantino isn't used up yet, but I am nervous about him making a "modern, in-your-face" WWII movie.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=46281

jbissell

• Space Champion!
Re: Inglorious Bastards
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 06:16:10 PM »
I hear it's going to be split into two, ala Kill Bill.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 06:27:06 PM »

I hate that.

<<<<<

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 06:29:17 PM »
Back when Pulp Fiction came out, I might have been caught supposing Tarantino had the potential to be our generation's Scorcese or something.

Boy did he squander that.

Pat K

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 07:02:17 PM »

Naaaahh...REALLY?
I'm warning you with peace and love.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 07:21:43 PM »
It already came out in 1977.

Plot Synopsis   by Hal Erickson

Inglorious Bastards was the alternate title for the Italian adventure yarn Counterfeit Commandos. The main characters are five soldiers facing court-martial in World War II France. The quintet consists of Bo Svenson, Fred Williamson, Peter Hooten, Michael Pergolami and Jackie Baseheart. The men escape, heading to the safety of the Swiss border; along the way, they pull off several random acts of above-and-beyond heroism.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 07:36:24 PM »
I am nervous about him making a "modern, in-your-face" WWII movie.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 08:36:57 PM »
I am nervous about him making a "modern, in-your-face" WWII movie.

Haha!
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »
New York magazine has procured a copy of the script.  How can you tell it's authentic?  Look at that spelling:

This board now needs an "Inglourious Basterds" filter.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 10:11:17 PM »
QT is a moron.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

<<<<<

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 10:46:08 PM »
Look at that spelling:

Not to be a grammar Nazi but...  are you fucking kidding me???  If I were an aspiring writer, I'd have died a little inside just now.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 10:50:10 PM »

I hate that.

well...it works in a marketing sense.

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 11:38:18 PM »
We wondered at times if this script was a fake, and it's still possible that it is — but if so, it's such a skillful fake that the author has even mastered Tarantino's ability to write moments that seem almost like parodies of his own tastes. Such as, for example, our favorite moment in the screenplay, with a mix of fetishism and inspired comedy that feels authentically alive. Late in chapter four, the Nazis are preparing Shosanna's movie theater for its big premiere, and Goebbels tells her that he appreciates "the modesty of this auditorium." Then he suggests sprucing the place up a bit, with a chandelier from Versailles and a couple of Greek nudes from the Louvre scattered around the lobby. A quick montage shows this happening, and then Tarantino describes the result:

We see Workers trying with incredible difficulty, to hoist the huge, heavy, and twinkingly fragile chandelier, in Shosannas auditorium, which now resembles something out of one of Tinto Brass's Italian B-movie rip-off's of Visconti's "The Damned".

Well, at least he's bringing some originality to the table.

It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

jamesp

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 12:00:11 AM »
QT is one of those guys I can easily understand why people hate, but I still find some of his movies to be very entertaining. Not original or genius, but at least fun.

Pat K

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 11:31:25 AM »
QT is one of those guys I can easily understand why people hate, but I still find some of his movies to be very entertaining. Not original or genius, but at least fun.

I agree with this. It's pretty much the same relationship I have with Tom Waits - I like some of his stuff, but 99% of the criticism that I hear about him I can completely empathize with. Or, as an old topic put it, "So help me, I LIKE IT!"

That being said, ever since I heard it a few years ago, I've always thought that "Inglorious Bastards" is one of the all-time worst movie titles I've ever heard.
I'm warning you with peace and love.