Author Topic: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?  (Read 1034759 times)

nec13

• Space Champion!
Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?
« Reply #2715 on: June 13, 2011, 09:35:28 PM »
Listening to "David Comes to Life" for the second time. I know I'll get flak for this, but the album just doesn't seem to connect with me. Sure it has its moments, but on the whole, it just doesn't appeal to me all that much.

Is there something that I'm missing?

Honestly, this is the way I've felt with F'd Up from the beginning but I've just kept it to myself. It's a bit too loud of singing for me. But I guess that is the typical vocals of hardcore, right? It's a genre I'm not very familiar with.

I think you just hit upon the reason I don't particularly care for the album. The vocals.

I know there's some type of narrative involved. But I'll be damned if I can discern it. The vocals don't help in this regard.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2716 on: June 14, 2011, 11:10:14 AM »
Listening to "David Comes to Life" for the second time. I know I'll get flak for this, but the album just doesn't seem to connect with me. Sure it has its moments, but on the whole, it just doesn't appeal to me all that much.

Honestly, this is the way I've felt with F'd Up from the beginning but I've just kept it to myself. It's a bit too loud of singing for me. But I guess that is the typical vocals of hardcore, right? It's a genre I'm not very familiar with.

I think you just hit upon the reason I don't particularly care for the album. The vocals.

I know there's some type of narrative involved. But I'll be damned if I can discern it. The vocals don't help in this regard.

I think I was surprised as well as a bit turned off by Damian's vocals when I first heard them but I stuck with it and, ever since THE CHEMISTRY OF COMMON LIFE, I have been completely on board. The new album has been getting a play almost every morning since I bought it last week. I now can't imagine their music without his voice. They are on the top of my "must see" list right now.

I can't really say you're "missing something" though. That would be like trying to talk me into liking oatmeal which I can't even swallow. But at the very least - like you with Fucked Up - I have tried it. It just isn't for me and it probably never will be no matter how hard people try to convince me how great it is.

But it's OK; just like I can eat something else for breakfast, there are a TON of great albums that have been released this year that can fill you up. Some of my favorites so far are this years releases by The Mountain Goats, The Dodos, Obits, Smith Westerns, Telekenesis, Thee Oh Sees, & Kurt Vile. Great stuff, I think.

Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2717 on: June 14, 2011, 12:31:32 PM »

I think I was surprised as well as a bit turned off by Damian's vocals when I first heard them but I stuck with it and, ever since THE CHEMISTRY OF COMMON LIFE, I have been completely on board. The new album has been getting a play almost every morning since I bought it last week. I now can't imagine their music without his voice. They are on the top of my "must see" list right now.

I can't really say you're "missing something" though. That would be like trying to talk me into liking oatmeal which I can't even swallow. But at the very least - like you with Fucked Up - I have tried it. It just isn't for me and it probably never will be no matter how hard people try to convince me how great it is.

But it's OK; just like I can eat something else for breakfast, there are a TON of great albums that have been released this year that can fill you up. Some of my favorites so far are this years releases by The Mountain Goats, The Dodos, Obits, Smith Westerns, Telekenesis, Thee Oh Sees, & Kurt Vile. Great stuff, I think.

Spot on.

Castlemania is a fantastic album. The Smith Westerns album was also pretty good. Still have to check out the Obits and Kurt Vile stuff.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Sploops

« Reply #2718 on: June 15, 2011, 08:40:13 PM »

Killer live set from when it was just Florian and the dudes from Neu!

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #2719 on: June 15, 2011, 10:26:54 PM »

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2720 on: June 16, 2011, 11:08:38 PM »

Great stuff.
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2721 on: June 22, 2011, 09:43:03 AM »
Fucked Up - "Queen Of Hearts"

Listening to/watching. The video seems to be pretty polarizing. I find it strangely moving.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

oncegompedtwiceshy

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2722 on: June 22, 2011, 05:20:12 PM »

Open Mike Eagle- Rappers Will Die of Natural Causes

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2723 on: June 22, 2011, 10:31:23 PM »
Professor Blastoff

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2724 on: June 22, 2011, 11:09:38 PM »
Which episode Dave?

moonshake

« Reply #2725 on: June 22, 2011, 11:32:27 PM »
Professor Blastoff

"Evolution" was such a funny episode. Compassion dance!
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2726 on: June 23, 2011, 05:04:19 AM »
Which episode Dave?

Evolution! I love Tig, I envy Andy having seen her set at Bonnaroo.

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #2727 on: June 23, 2011, 10:43:33 AM »
Last night's Seven Second Delay which is hilarious.

"Do NOT pee in the reservoir!"

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2728 on: June 23, 2011, 11:17:44 AM »
Which episode Dave?

Did he stick around for the Trailer Park Boys?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2729 on: June 23, 2011, 01:49:47 PM »
Which episode Dave?

Did he stick around for the Trailer Park Boys?

Nah. They are bringing some sort of road show here to Knoxville though. Should I try to see them? (I probably won't try to see them.)