Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2832198 times)

RReynolds

• Policemans heel
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #11880 on: February 13, 2016, 12:56:47 PM »
Speaking of best bits and tuesdays show, does anyone remember which episode it was with the welcome to nightshade stuff? I want to listen to it again. I love whenever Tom goes off on something where he doesn't actually know what it is, like the game of thrones rant someone put up on youtube or when he thought serial was some kind of spooky ghost house podcast.

12/2/15, I believe, for The Nightshade clip. "Make Tom Laugh/Dirty Grandpa"
Sometimes as I'm floating away I wish I could stay, Then I arrive among the dropping flies

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11881 on: February 14, 2016, 12:04:02 AM »
Avalanche Bob is from the school of Anthony Kedis scat rap.

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11882 on: February 14, 2016, 03:00:32 AM »
Who was Tom imitating when he sang "Getting Better", Orson Welles?

kouzie

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11883 on: February 15, 2016, 12:27:37 PM »
Loved Tom talking about The Last Waltz, especially the fact that the guys were all wired up on coke to help offset the turkey and tryptophan they just ate.

WesleyfromLondon

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11884 on: February 15, 2016, 03:15:36 PM »
although the part lumping regular metal in with hair metal was sad. hair metal is american pop rock for soft headed children, like kiss.

I mostly say this because i'm originally from the midlands, sacred home of heavy metal, so it's My Culture and i feel obliged to complain.

edit: also thanks very much R. Reynolds for finding that for me! also thanks very much for all the clips from the WMFU days you put up on youtube, it's helped me experience a lot of best show fun I wouldn't otherwise know how to find. the wmfu archives are pretty daunting and the clips are also great for me to use to introduce new people to some of the best parts of the best show. 

agent_jimmy

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11885 on: February 16, 2016, 12:07:55 PM »
although the part lumping regular metal in with hair metal was sad. hair metal is american pop rock for soft headed children, like kiss.

I mostly say this because i'm originally from the midlands, sacred home of heavy metal, so it's My Culture and i feel obliged to complain.

edit: also thanks very much R. Reynolds for finding that for me! also thanks very much for all the clips from the WMFU days you put up on youtube, it's helped me experience a lot of best show fun I wouldn't otherwise know how to find. the wmfu archives are pretty daunting and the clips are also great for me to use to introduce new people to some of the best parts of the best show.

Those R Reynolds videos are my favorite thing on YouTube.

tonyh

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11886 on: February 16, 2016, 12:11:49 PM »
I went back and listened to that song a few days later and Paul Simon really says "Julio" like that. I never noticed. It's disgusting and I don't think I can ever enjoy the song again. Thanks a lot whoever brought it up....

I don't understand why it is racist for someone to pronounce a foreign name the way it sounds in its original language. Sure it can be pretentious and annoying. But unless it is said in a mocking way, I don't really see it being offensive to anyone.

TrapNeuterReturn

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11887 on: February 16, 2016, 08:47:08 PM »
hair metal is american pop rock for soft headed children, like kiss.

I mostly say this because i'm originally from the midlands, sacred home of heavy metal

Enough with the jingoism, hair metal was an international phenomenon. Case in point: Brighton Rock, Loudness, Sleeze Beez, Tigertailz, Vandenberg, Winter Rose, Quireboys, Smashed Gladys, Bad English, Europe, Helix, Ezo, etc

You may fly the flag of Priest and Sabbath (braggart), but you must also acknowledge the sins of ELO and UB40.

WesleyfromLondon

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11888 on: February 16, 2016, 10:07:48 PM »

I mostly say this because i'm originally from the midlands, sacred home of heavy metal

Enough with the jingoism, hair metal was an international phenomenon. Case in point: Brighton Rock, Loudness, Sleeze Beez, Tigertailz, Vandenberg, Winter Rose, Quireboys, Smashed Gladys, Bad English, Europe, Helix, Ezo, etc

You may fly the flag of Priest and Sabbath (braggart), but you must also acknowledge the sins of ELO and UB40.

i've done my penance for the sins of ELO and UB40. Mr blue sky and UB40's cover of red red wine play endlessly here. I don't know how or why, they're just always on the radio, on adverts, playing over the PA in shops. it's like hell.

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #11889 on: February 17, 2016, 01:29:25 PM »

When did ELO ever commit a sin? Jeff Lynne is god!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34EwqbCTtQA

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11890 on: February 17, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »
There's some good stuff on here for the Warthogs to cover, like Disguises and Seeing UFOs (with Joey).

WesleyfromLondon

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11891 on: February 17, 2016, 06:37:13 PM »

When did ELO ever commit a sin? Jeff Lynne is god!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34EwqbCTtQA

that's probably the best ELO song i've heard, its very Trevor Horn.

I loved the drumming call in this week's episode

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11892 on: February 17, 2016, 09:16:40 PM »

I loved the drumming call in this week's episode

Jon Wurster is both a master at weird phone calls, and an artist when comes to faking bad drumming.

cameron

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11893 on: February 19, 2016, 07:48:32 AM »
"Does widdle baby have gas on his hands?"

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11894 on: February 21, 2016, 03:36:41 AM »
Toms incident with the phone playing out of his pocket happened to me this week, except it wasn't a restaurant.