Author Topic: archive question: other quasi-tom interviews?  (Read 2433 times)

naaate

• Plantar Fasciitis
archive question: other quasi-tom interviews?
« on: August 12, 2008, 12:10:11 PM »
i picked the show up a couple years back, and lately ive hit up the archives. i recently came across these great interviews tom did in 2004:

marsha marks (October 19, 2004, about an hour in)
bill greene (November 9, 2004, about a half hour in)

i cannot reccomend these enough if you havent heard them. toms crazed, hooting laughter on the marsha marks piece especially got me. my cubcile neighbors probably think i'm insane

my question for any obsessives: can you reccomend some other interviews he did in this same vein? (as in, tom is being a character and the interviewee seems to suspect nothing). thanks!

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
Re: archive question: other quasi-tom interviews?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 12:57:17 PM »
7/15/03 with Dr. Udo Erasmus. Philly Boy Roy calls in to ask for nutrional advice as well. Tom's stifled laughter during the PBR call is tremendous.

Also 8/31/04, when Tom interviews a woman from ElleGirl magazine. This one is entertaining because as the conversation progresses, we realize that the interviewee is a WFMU listener (if I recall, she actually knew Glen Jones) and you can hear the discomfort in Tom's voice as he tries to decide whether to continue with the charade or not.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Jixby Phillips

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 05:49:20 PM »
Cy the Hole Guy

Also one of the Patriot Zones had a real guy on the phone being interviewed by Col. Tom Scharp.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 07:12:29 PM »
Also one of the Patriot Zones had a real guy on the phone being interviewed by Col. Tom Scharp.

More than one did, I think. At least two that I can remember. I think there have only been 3 Patriot Zones, but I wouldn't feel comfortable about stating that as a fact with the confirmation of an expert like Omar or buffcoat.

AllisonLeGnome

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 09:38:18 PM »
I seem to remember three Patriot Zones (one full show and two partial) as well. The one after the 2004 election had a real conservative commentator guy on- he didn't seem shocked by the Colonel's antics.

Also, there's the time he called the restaurant that served the giant burger (no idea which episode that is- I guess it's not mentioned in the description).

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 12:17:58 AM »
11/13/01 - Tom interviews Nostradamus scholar John Hogue.

In the beginning I was totally confused as to why this was happening on the best show, but that was before Wurster called to goof on that jerk. Absolutely hilarious, because I know what that delusional con-artist looks like:

naaate

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 09:47:07 AM »
I seem to remember three Patriot Zones (one full show and two partial) as well. The one after the 2004 election had a real conservative commentator guy on- he didn't seem shocked by the Colonel's antics.

yeah thats actually the "bill greene" one i mentioned above. i'll have to check out the other patriot zones

Matthew_S

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 04:27:13 PM »
If memory serves, isn't there one with Harry Aintitcool.com Knowles?

These interviews are one of the left-behind elements of the show that I genuinely miss.

Jouster

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 05:02:11 PM »
If memory serves, isn't there one with Harry Aintitcool.com Knowles?

Tom was pretty much himself for that one, though he did fade out Knowles every time he mentioned the title of his book.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 10:26:37 PM »
Didn't he also interview Moriarty from AICN?