Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290976 times)

herbsweal

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #585 on: February 24, 2010, 08:20:21 PM »
Hello everyone. I've already posted a few times so I thought it was time to properly introduce myself My name is Matt and I live in Tampa, FL. I'm twenty-one, and am working towards a degree in Mass-communication with hopes of working in radio broadcasting. My interests include reading (mysteries and thrillers particularly), music (everything from progressive rock to metal to some jazz), and my favorite TV shows are The Wire, 24, House, 30 Rock, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Oh yeah, and I've been totally blind since birth.

Bernard

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #586 on: February 24, 2010, 10:35:04 PM »
Hello, my name is Bernard.  I've been listening to TBS on a regular basis for about a year.  I first heard "Rock, Rot or Rule" about 4 years ago, but never investigated the show proper.

I am currently living in Chicago with my wife and cat.  I am drinking a glass of wine and am wearing my Mini-Marathon T-Shirt.  I look forward to one day "nutting up" and calling the program when I have something interesting to say.  I would love to recite the legal ID for FMU/MFU, but I don't think Tom would allow it.     

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #587 on: February 24, 2010, 10:57:52 PM »
Hello everyone. I've already posted a few times so I thought it was time to properly introduce myself My name is Matt and I live in Tampa, FL. I'm twenty-one, and am working towards a degree in Mass-communication with hopes of working in radio broadcasting. My interests include reading (mysteries and thrillers particularly), music (everything from progressive rock to metal to some jazz), and my favorite TV shows are The Wire, 24, House, 30 Rock, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Oh yeah, and I've been totally vlind since birth.

Nice to have another Floridian on board.  Welcome Matt.

WMNF listener perchance?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #588 on: February 25, 2010, 10:34:21 PM »
Welcome to the board, gentlemen.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #589 on: February 26, 2010, 11:22:29 AM »
Hey Hey FOTs! I introduced myself in the FOT chat a few weeks ago, so I figured I ought to post something in the new people section, finally.
I'm coming up on my 2 year anniversary of listening to the Best Show. I signed up for a FOT chat account about a year ago and I'm just now getting up the gumption to use it! Nice to meet you all!  :)
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

herbsweal

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #590 on: February 28, 2010, 06:58:19 PM »
Hello everyone. I've already posted a few times so I thought it was time to properly introduce myself My name is Matt and I live in Tampa, FL. I'm twenty-one, and am working towards a degree in Mass-communication with hopes of working in radio broadcasting. My interests include reading (mysteries and thrillers particularly), music (everything from progressive rock to metal to some jazz), and my favorite TV shows are The Wire, 24, House, 30 Rock, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.Oh yeah, and I've been totally vlind since birth.
Nice to have another Floridian on board.  Welcome Matt.WMNF listener perchance?
Sometimes I listen, although there's no particular show that interests me.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #591 on: March 01, 2010, 07:14:34 PM »
Welcome to the boards, new FOT. What's your favorite thing to drench in Karo?

waltkellysghost

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #592 on: March 01, 2010, 08:08:06 PM »

BIscuits. After you mix the karo with butter.

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #593 on: March 01, 2010, 11:27:03 PM »

Ooh, well I guess I've never thought about that before...is Karo more of Southern treat in general? I don't think I've drenched anything in Karo recently, but I'm sure I've eaten something that's had Karo in it. Maybe donuts? Pie?

Hi Dave! Nice to meet you (electronically). I've enjoyed listening to your calls for about two years now! :) I have a friend who's from Knoxville and she lovingly refers to it as "KnoxVegas". Do you agree or disagree with this title?
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

waltkellysghost

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #594 on: March 02, 2010, 01:45:57 AM »

Ooh, well I guess I've never thought about that before...is Karo more of Southern treat in general? I don't think I've drenched anything in Karo recently, but I'm sure I've eaten something that's had Karo in it. Maybe donuts? Pie?

Karo is basically just corn syrup. Which is in loads of things. Not very good for you. The Bob White brand was popular in my house growing up.

Senator Gothman (D-OR)

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #595 on: March 02, 2010, 02:23:47 AM »
i prefer mustard to the karo.

ChixPox Party

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #596 on: March 05, 2010, 11:25:04 PM »
hey, ghouls 'n boils - long time lurker, first time poster.  i just started listening to the best show archives somewhat recently.  i first heard about it from the stuff that was donated through goner records to the anna ives benefit auction (which was awesome and super generous!).  and now i'm hooked.  i've yet to listen to tbs live, but i definitely will this tuesday, so i can call in a pledge. 

anyway, i live in portland, or and do the ever crummy chickenpox party radio show saturdays from noon-2:oo (pacific) on the portland radio authority. 

-graham

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #597 on: March 06, 2010, 01:13:33 AM »
Hello Graham!  More for the eventual forest army. nice nice.

Zedmund

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #598 on: March 06, 2010, 06:04:45 AM »
Hi everyone, I just signed up thought I'd get my first post out of the way. I live in Melbourne, Australia. Started listening to the podcasts a few months ago and couldn't stop.
Hope to visit the states sometime next year and listen to the show live.
Thanks!
Simon

LJ

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #599 on: March 06, 2010, 03:34:17 PM »
'Ello ya'll.  I've been listening to The Best Show for a couple of years on iTunes.  Only recently have I been able to fully appreciate its long-form/free-form format because I drive a ways to school each day. It keeps me going.  That and food.
Secret Agent Man. Secret Agent Man. He's Giving You a Number and Taking Away Your Fan.