Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290954 times)

thesteveguttenbergbible

• Policemans heel
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 11:44:53 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm Joey.  I've been listening for about 3 years.  I live in San Francisco. I don't know what else to say.  Apparently I cannot compose a sentence over seven words long.

emma

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 12:27:10 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm Joey.  I've been listening to for about 3 years.  I live in San Francisco. I don't know what else to say.  Apparently I cannot compose a sentence over seven words long.

Me neither. Hi Joey!

TheShamblers

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2008, 08:03:42 AM »
Hi Steve!  Hi Joey! 

erechoveraker

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 05:39:40 PM »
Hi. I'm Joel from Hollywood.
I've had this song stuck in my head for weeks.
http://www.youtube.com/v/juAiVW5PzNI&hl=en&fs=1

Not a bad song to have stuck in your head.

Thanks, btw, now it's gonna be stuck in mine too.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 06:00:06 PM »

Hi everybody -- I'm Dave, from Oakland California. I'm very proud of myself because I've just ascended to "Jazzbo" status on this message board. But I've never really formally introduced myself. So:

Hi everybody, I'm daveB from Oakland, home of the "hyphy" phenomenon that failed to sweep the nation. Been listening to the show maybe three years now. I first discovered it when I heard Jesse Thorn interviewing Tom on "the Sound of Young America". At first I just listened for the Wurster calls, but I've gradually gotten hooked on all the other stuff. And now I'm getting pretty hooked on this message board, especially after the mayubanatorial debates. This board is a fun place, for matters Newbridge and otherwise (shoutout to Steve from Bloomington and the other folks who remember Shudder to Think).

Nice to meet all of you!
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

hugman

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 06:14:02 PM »
Hi. I'm Joel from Hollywood.
I've had this song stuck in my head for weeks.
http://www.youtube.com/v/juAiVW5PzNI&hl=en&fs=1

Not a bad song to have stuck in your head.

Thanks, btw, now it's gonna be stuck in mine too.

well, if you're like me the only part that really gets stuck in your head, which you wander around mumbling to yourself, is the opening bassline.  so i find myself muttering, "bommm, biddaboombabadibadommmm. bommm, biddaboombabadibadommmm, etc".

amelia76

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 12:33:14 PM »
Hi!  I'm Amelia and I am new to listening to the show.  Really enjoying the archive.  Zachary Brimstead's tribute to President Bush from 2000 is troubling and confusing!  And I cannot stop laughing when I think of "H is for forgotten memories."

emma

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 12:43:22 PM »
Hi!  I'm Amelia and I am new to listening to the show.  Really enjoying the archive.  Zachary Brimstead's tribute to President Bush from 2000 is troubling and confusing!  And I cannot stop laughing when I think of "H is for forgotten memories."

Yes! I was listening to that yesterday. It's just so perfect. I sing it to my cat sometimes.
He particularly likes the line "S is for the strength with which you rule us with."
Lovely to have you with us, Amelia.

John M.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 07:04:58 PM »

Yes! I was listening to that yesterday. It's just so perfect. I sing it to my cat sometimes.
He particularly likes the line "S is for the strength with which you rule us with."
What show is this?

Hi all, I'm John from Harrisburg, PA, brother of Steve from North Hollywood. I've been listening to the show for just over two years and have really loved it. I haven't done too much scouring of the archives, mostly due to time constraints, but I like to dip in now and again. I'm always trying to spread the Best Show love and magic to anyone I can. I really enjoy this forum, too, though I don't post that often.

Jennifer

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 09:05:58 PM »

What show is this?

Hi all, I'm John from Harrisburg, PA, brother of Steve from North Hollywood. I've been listening to the show for just over two years and have really loved it. I haven't done too much scouring of the archives, mostly due to time constraints, but I like to dip in now and again. I'm always trying to spread the Best Show love and magic to anyone I can. I really enjoy this forum, too, though I don't post that often.

It's November 28, 2000--about an hour in. One of my favorites, too.

(In the "I like Tom, you like Tom" thread there's a link to Buffcoat's Newbridgctionary--it's great for matching JW calls and some of the earlier callers with specific shows.)

John M.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2008, 09:32:20 PM »
Thanks, Jennifer! I know about Buffcoat's site I guess I just had temporary amnesia about how to find certain calls. Thanks again.

Jennifer

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2008, 09:58:46 PM »
I figured you probably knew about it, since you've been listening for awhile! (But just in case...) :)

jake8jazz

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2008, 03:26:11 PM »
Hey everyone!  I'm a newbie on fot but not to the best show - Deb from Portland OR here anxiously awaiting tonite's show!

Nat

• Policemans heel
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2008, 09:19:34 PM »
Hi Everybody, Nat from Phoenix here.  I'm just getting into the Best Show, but am loving it. 

driz

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2008, 09:48:50 PM »
Hello I am from philadelphia.