Author Topic: Humorless Politics Thread  (Read 889880 times)

Smelodies

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Humorless Politics Thread
« Reply #1350 on: October 07, 2011, 11:01:25 PM »
Bring back Sarah.

Kormod

« Reply #1351 on: October 08, 2011, 12:20:39 AM »
I am unsure of how to feel about the fact that Rick Perry - RICK PERRY - is not going to win the nomination because he is not heartless enough for the average Republican primary voter.

Just thinking that: "Rick Perry, who gleefully or uncaringly watched as his state put to death hundreds of people, with him as the only resort of people who were mentally retarded, or children, or probably innocent - Rick Perry is not heartless enough to win the Republican primary.  Oh, yeah, and he's too progressive on social issues."

Have they turned the party over to the Yahoo! Commenters Alliance?

Who do you think will win the primary then? Romney is far more "liberal" than Perry.

On an unrelated note, this video of Ron Paul is hilarious (0:20-0:25 especially):

Ron Paul: Wheels Up to the White House

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1352 on: October 08, 2011, 01:13:00 AM »
I still think Romney will win.  He's not really trying to win over the people who thought Rick Perry wasn't mean enough.  The upside of having a "Burn the Witch" segment of your party is that they're never really going to get solidly behind anyone who can even win the primary.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1353 on: October 08, 2011, 01:05:49 PM »
I am unsure of how to feel about the fact that Rick Perry - RICK PERRY - is not going to win the nomination because he is not heartless enough for the average Republican primary voter.

Just thinking that: "Rick Perry, who gleefully or uncaringly watched as his state put to death hundreds of people, with him as the only resort of people who were mentally retarded, or children, or probably innocent - Rick Perry is not heartless enough to win the Republican primary.  Oh, yeah, and he's too progressive on social issues."

Who do you think will win the primary then? Romney is far more "liberal" than Perry.

On an unrelated note, this video of Ron Paul is hilarious (0:20-0:25 especially):

I didn't spot the funny here. What was it?

Kormod

« Reply #1354 on: October 08, 2011, 01:26:46 PM »

I didn't spot the funny here. What was it?

The part where he says "yeah, "Wheels Up," I guess, I don't know, whatever" and then rides away. I guess it's more cute than it is funny. I guess, I don't know, whatever.

Kormod

« Reply #1355 on: October 10, 2011, 07:01:22 PM »
Glenn Beck tries to one up Herman Cain and Mitt Romney (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/10/glenn-beck-occupy-wall-street-kill-everybody_n_1004016.html):

Glenn Beck made several gruesome predictions about where the Occupy Wall Street movement is headed.

Speaking on his radio show Monday, Beck made his already-crystal-clear disdain for the protests, which have spread across the U.S., even more plain. He took a slightly surprising turn, though, in warning establishment Democrats like Nancy Pelosi (who has voiced her support for the movement) as well as any rich backers of the protests not to trust anyone in Occupy Wall Street.

"Nancy Pelosi, you really think these people are your friends?" Beck asked. "Are you that stupid? People around Nancy Pelosi, are you this stupid? Do you really think that you're going to be able to somehow or another control these people?"

Beck then made the first of his dark analogies. Saying that the only thing that could control the movement would be a forceful crushing from "the top," he added, "It will be the Night of Long Knives. It will be a purging of this country." This was a seeming reference to the political murders carried out by the Nazis in 1934.

Beck then turned to "capitalists," and here his warning was even starker and more graphic:

"Capitalists, if you think that you can play footsies with these people, you're wrong. They will come for you and drag you into the streets and kill you...they're Marxist radicals...these guys are worse than Robespierre from the French Revolution...they'll kill everybody."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1356 on: October 10, 2011, 07:15:06 PM »
Seriously, would anybody be surprised at the headline that Glenn Beck had killed somebody?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1357 on: October 10, 2011, 07:21:24 PM »
"It will be the Night of Long Knives. It will be a purging of this country." This was a seeming reference to the political murders carried out by the Nazis in 1934.

"Seeming?" Uh, how many different Nights of the Long Knives can you think of in history, just off the top of your head?
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1358 on: October 10, 2011, 09:13:22 PM »
Glenn Beck thinks Robes Pierre is the French Sith Lord.

Kormod

« Reply #1359 on: October 17, 2011, 01:58:19 PM »

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1360 on: October 17, 2011, 06:51:59 PM »

PokemonFan

« Reply #1361 on: October 18, 2011, 02:21:25 PM »
The Case for Ron Paul for President (at Least the Republican nomination...Right?).

1. He supports the legalization of ALL drugs at the federal level.

2. He wants to END the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and rages against the Military Industrial Complex. He's the ONLY candidate to say that the call for war against Iran is simply Warmongering (which it is).  Also, Ron Paul has received MORE donations from active duty Military men and woman than all the other republican candidates COMBINED!  Paul has also gotton more donations form our soldiers than Obama.

3. He is AGAINST the death penalty, calling it a racist system, and highly inaccurate.

4. He wants to END THE FED (please, allow me to explain before you have a heart attack). For years, Ron Paul has said the Fed is to secret, and needs much more oversight. He recently passed a partial audit of the Fed, which revealed that the Fed had printed and handed out 16 TRILLION DOLLARS to foreign and domestic Banks WITH NO OVERSIGHT OR SCRUTINY WHAT SO EVER! He has also said that the big banks on wall street would not of performed the horrible business practices which caused the economic crash, if the Federal Reserve wasn't there to BAIL THEM OUT WITH UNLIMITED PRINTING PRESS MONEY. The Federal Reserve and the big banks are much closer then people realise. Yes, Paul has said that in a perfect world he would END THE FED. But even if he became president, it would be impossible to do this, because it would need approval from congress. Ron Paul calls for MUCH stricter over sight, and regulations for the Fed... This what he believes.      People like to attack him on it because they do not understand the issue at hand.

5. Ralf Nader seems to really like him.  Also, he has gotten the HIGHLY  coveted endorsement of Barry Manilow! It's true!! Search it on Youtube. ;D

6. He doesn't take money from corporations and he doesn't meet with lobbyists. He's a truly honest man. You may think I'm stupid, or foolish, but I really belieave this. Listion to what he says, listion to how he talks, nobody would belieave the things he does if he was bought out by the two major parties or corporations.

PokemonFan

« Reply #1362 on: October 18, 2011, 02:31:44 PM »
Also, I forgot to mention.

7. He is on the record for predicting the housing bubble in 2005!!! Look it up!!

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1363 on: October 18, 2011, 02:44:29 PM »
  5. Ralf Nader seems to really like him.  Also, he has gotten the HIGHLY  coveted endorsement of Barry Manilow! It's true!! Search it on Youtube. ;D

I'm not typically swayed by celebrity endorsements, but if Ron Paul is good enough for Barry Manilow, then by gosh, Ron Paul is good enough for me!
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1364 on: October 18, 2011, 05:26:18 PM »
I'm actually swayed by the endorsement of That Kid Who Calls From The Bathroom.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.