Author Topic: Humorless Politics Thread  (Read 863468 times)

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
Re: Humorless Politics Thread
« Reply #1395 on: October 20, 2011, 09:41:48 AM »
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1396 on: October 20, 2011, 11:59:07 AM »

I arouse like a Phoenix

Do you ever!!!
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1397 on: October 21, 2011, 09:01:56 PM »
Martin thinks your name is too long.

Personally, I don't mind.  At all!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1398 on: October 21, 2011, 10:01:05 PM »
Your little sister sure knows a lot about Ron Paul.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1399 on: October 21, 2011, 10:18:51 PM »
Wait--how do we know you're not the little sister and the other posts weren't by the real James???
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1400 on: October 21, 2011, 11:18:48 PM »
If I accidentally told an 11-year-old girl she aroused like a phoenix, I apologize.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1401 on: October 22, 2011, 12:12:40 AM »
Whoah, this SE Pennsylvania dual-identity stuff is getting too weird. Let's talk about Cookie Monster. This is topical & politically relevant, I promise:

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/10/guy_called_cookie_monster_offe.php
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Kormod

« Reply #1402 on: October 22, 2011, 12:56:00 AM »
Could this be the little sister!?

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1403 on: October 22, 2011, 01:12:19 AM »
Is that letterpress? Fancy!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1404 on: October 22, 2011, 09:05:28 AM »
All this support of a man who named his child after Ayn Rand. And now I find it comes from an 11-year-old girl? I was guessing 13-year-old boy.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #1405 on: October 22, 2011, 09:14:25 AM »
All this support of a man who named his child after Ayn Rand.

Um - is this true? Jesus.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1406 on: October 22, 2011, 09:20:55 AM »

Yep. Rand's philosophies were very dominant among certain political types during Ron Paul's formative years. There's very little that he proposes that can't be linked to ideas from The Fountainhead and/or Atlas Shrugged. He's not quite the true believer he was in the fifties and sixties, but he's way out there in support of her "ideas". Think of naming his son "Rand" as a form of intellectual sacrifice to her movement.

Kormod

« Reply #1407 on: October 22, 2011, 11:05:57 AM »

Yep. Rand's philosophies were very dominant among certain political types during Ron Paul's formative years. There's very little that he proposes that can't be linked to ideas from The Fountainhead and/or Atlas Shrugged. He's not quite the true believer he was in the fifties and sixties, but he's way out there in support of her "ideas". Think of naming his son "Rand" as a form of intellectual sacrifice to her movement.

I thought this too, but according to Wikipedia, it's actually just short for "Randal." He was called "Randy" growing up and didn't go by "Rand" until much later on in life.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1408 on: October 22, 2011, 08:35:38 PM »
In regards to Dave from Knoxville calling me a 13 year old boy, I'M SEVENTEEN! Get your facts straight. Nothing against you though, you're one of my favorite callers.  Also, I haven't asked her, but I assume my sister looked up  most of that Ron Paul stuff online. I'm a big politics junkie, and I think some of that brushed off on her. We've watched EVERY SINGLE republican debate together. 

She thinks denigrating my name to the FOT is the funniest thing ever. she won't stop talking about it to me.

Peace Out, JFSEP
Laugh with her, JFSEP.  It's good exercise!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1409 on: October 23, 2011, 01:14:03 PM »

I thought this too, but according to Wikipedia, it's actually just short for "Randal." He was called "Randy" growing up and didn't go by "Rand" until much later on in life.

They say that now.