Author Topic: Get ready to meet my little friend  (Read 176990 times)

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
Re: Get ready to meet my little friend
« Reply #585 on: August 27, 2009, 03:38:36 AM »
If you're asshole who wears asshole brands and spends money like an asshole, this $236 shirt is definitely for you -

Because of the angle of the photo, I thought the cigar was like a fake rubber cigar that's somehow coming out of the shirt in 3D.

I hate bluefly.

That is a pretty stupid shirt.  I'm so glad that I never liked Scarface, and I'm finally meeting people who see it my way.

On a happier note, I finally watched Coraline today and that movie was rather good.  Surprisingly risque, but still a pretty cool movie.  So, in honor of FOT John Hodgman, here's one of his lines from the movie...

"So sharp, you won't even feel your eyes having buttons sewn into them."
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #586 on: August 28, 2009, 11:24:25 PM »
Yeah, do Scarface fans know that Pacino has made a whole bunch of better movies?
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #587 on: August 29, 2009, 06:11:22 AM »
Yeah, do Scarface fans know that Pacino has made a whole bunch of better movies?

Not only that, but there are also many gangster movies out there that make Scarface look like a Troma release.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Reeleyes

« Reply #588 on: August 29, 2009, 12:47:39 PM »

Not only that, but there are also many gangster movies out there that make Scarface look like a Troma release.

Agreed and there's even a few DePalma flicks that are better. I'd choose Wise Guys over Scarface.

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #589 on: August 29, 2009, 02:28:25 PM »
De Palma does make a lot of dumb movies, though. I hated "The Untouchables", too.
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #590 on: August 29, 2009, 06:21:54 PM »
De Palma does make a lot of dumb movies, though. I hated "The Untouchables", too.

There's something about his stuff -- I usually am disappointed in most of his movies, but I watch them anyway. Casualties of War was pretty darn good. That's the only one I can think of offhand.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #591 on: August 29, 2009, 06:38:57 PM »
Brian De Palma gets a lifelong pass for Greetings, Hi Mom!, Sisters, Phantom of the Paradise, Carrie, Dressed to Kill and a bunch of other great films.

Reeleyes

« Reply #592 on: August 29, 2009, 07:18:29 PM »
I didn't think Untouchables was bad it's just not as good as people have hyped it up to be. Casualties was great, I saw it at a late night double feature when I was 13. The other movie was Look Who's Talking... I miss living in Manhattan.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #593 on: August 29, 2009, 10:45:48 PM »
Brian De Palma gets a lifelong pass for Greetings, Hi Mom!, Sisters, Phantom of the Paradise, Carrie, Dressed to Kill and a bunch of other great films.

Woah! I forgot all of these! I haven't seen Greetings though.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #594 on: August 30, 2009, 03:10:21 AM »
Monk went undercover as a gangster named Franky DePalma on this week's episode.  Coincidence or homage?

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #595 on: September 03, 2009, 03:05:47 AM »
From Halloween 2 (the new version) said by Weird Al Yankovich as himself ... And adapted for the purposes of this thread ...

"Michael Myers, didn't he do all those Austin Powers movies?... And murder all those teens a while back?"

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #596 on: September 13, 2009, 06:10:19 AM »
Another from Scarface, where this all started...

"Some jackets, T-shirts, and many framed posters in rapper's bedrooms is mine."

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #597 on: September 13, 2009, 04:42:15 PM »
"Be good, Ponyboy."
He's this soulless bastard from Siberia. I once saw him shove Fred Savage's face in a toilet.

NJL

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #598 on: September 14, 2009, 08:29:38 PM »
Franklin, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #599 on: October 03, 2009, 08:13:04 AM »
From Zombieland ...

"Shoot up or shut up."