Author Topic: POST BURNING SITE  (Read 1094237 times)

mcsea

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: POST BURNING SITE
« Reply #2490 on: November 26, 2011, 01:34:36 AM »
Not sure how I continue to miss info like when the marathon is, where i should pledge and how i can get the dvd.

ted_

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2491 on: December 04, 2011, 06:43:56 PM »
I had a recent Best Show caller (and local musician) come in to my work a few weeks back and I decided it would be far too weird to say, "Didn't you call the Best Show last week?" and just left well enough alone.

There, that felt good to get off my chest.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2492 on: December 04, 2011, 08:24:05 PM »
I had a recent Best Show caller (and local musician) come in to my work a few weeks back and I decided it would be far too weird to say, "Didn't you call the Best Show last week?" and just left well enough alone.

What cruel game are you playing?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

ted_

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2493 on: December 04, 2011, 09:29:37 PM »

What cruel game are you playing?

I didn't mean that to seem like I was fishing for further interest, honest. It was a neat East Bay/Best Show moment that I figured was best suited for sharing in this particular forum.

But since I did bring it up... Ajax from Oakland came into my library. I recognized him as the Wrong Words' bassist, and after brief chit-chat I made the FOT connection. Like I said, in the moment it didn't seem right to blurt out, "hey, I heard your call on the Best Show!"

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2494 on: December 05, 2011, 08:28:11 PM »
[ it didn't seem right to blurt out, "hey, I heard your call on the Best Show!"

Heavens why not?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

ted_

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2495 on: December 06, 2011, 03:15:50 AM »
Heavens why not?

I suppose in the moment I got a bit shy, what with me being at work and knowing the guy from solely his band (going to see them play or buying their records) and his call to the Best Show.

Also - hey Fredericks! I'm a big fan of your MIND Thing. Keep up the good work.

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2496 on: December 06, 2011, 09:37:04 AM »
Heavens why not?

I suppose in the moment I got a bit shy, what with me being at work and knowing the guy from solely his band (going to see them play or buying their records) and his call to the Best Show.

Say hi next time! I'd feel better knowing my friendly neighborhood librarian! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was excellent, by the way, almost 3 hours of Ian Fleming, Albert R. Brocooli, and Benny Hill!

-Ajax

ted_

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2497 on: December 06, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »
Heavens why not?

Say hi next time! I'd feel better knowing my friendly neighborhood librarian! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was excellent, by the way, almost 3 hours of Ian Fleming, Albert R. Brocooli, and Benny Hill!

-Ajax

I will, happily! And I'm glad Chitty Chitty Bang Bang hit the spot. It's a library hit, along with The Sound of Music. The classics are going strong!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2498 on: December 06, 2011, 08:35:21 PM »

Working on it Mr. Underscore.  Try this: http://fredericksnprcast.podbean.com/

Still fishing for iTunes comments.  If you are not too busy.

ted_

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2499 on: December 06, 2011, 10:25:41 PM »

Working on it Mr. Underscore.  Try this: http://fredericksnprcast.podbean.com/

Still fishing for iTunes comments.  If you are not too busy.

Done and done. And no need for formalities - Mr. Underscore was my father's name. Call me Ted.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2500 on: December 07, 2011, 08:31:20 AM »
Many thanks, Ted.

ted_

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2501 on: December 13, 2011, 04:43:47 PM »
Many thanks, Ted.

You're very welcome. Sorry it took me a week to say so.

ted_

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2502 on: December 13, 2011, 04:52:48 PM »
I do suppose I have a few posts to burn.

ted_

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2503 on: December 13, 2011, 04:59:03 PM »
Hopefully I don't earn "Jerk of the Week" honors all burning these here posts. Just on the off chance, though, I'll preemptively award myself...

You're The Jerk Of The Week

P.S. I'm not really that big of a jerk.

ted_

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2504 on: December 13, 2011, 05:00:14 PM »
There is an element of procrastination going on here, as I am desperate not to get to work on that final paper for school.