Author Topic: Jena Malone plays music  (Read 2654 times)

Alex

• Plantar Fasciitis
Jena Malone plays music
« on: January 18, 2009, 02:34:34 PM »
and it honestly might be the worst stuff i've ever heard. the reason this bothers me is because i can only find either positive reviews of it or just vaguely negative stuff like, "well, it's pretty original." i don't get it.
like this review on a blog:

Some people may question my motives for picking Jena Malone and her Bloodstains as my band of the week. They may argue that actresses and actors should not turn into musicians. A debate could rage over the actual merits of her music. And of course some people may just assume I think she is attractive and therefore worthy of my band of the week nod. All of these are valid arguments but I will rebut them with one small story.

Last year I went to see Animal Collective at Bowery Ballroom. It was one of those rare shows where I decided seeing the band while seated would be much more enjoyable then standing and seeing the band all the way up front, so I ventured to the balcony with a friend and grabbed a table. As the show progressed through the openers Jena Malone came and stood next to us, clearly as stoned as Mary Magdalene would have been had Jesus not intervened. Jena spent the rest of the set grooving to the stylings of the Animal Collective like you could not imagine. Between touching herself and rubbing against the wall, I could not believe my eyes. And the most amazing part of the whole scene was she was the only person in the entire place that was dancing, showing that she "got" the music more than anyone else (I think).

she does drugs and likes Animal Collective, so lets all give her the proper respect.

can people please do me a favor and just listen to this and tell me it sucks.
or whatever. tell me it's great and that i don't understand it.

http://www.myspace.com/ofwildanimals
http://www.myspace.com/theshoeperforms 

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: Jena Malone plays music
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 03:35:41 PM »
It sucks.

Now you can think about something else.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

mike_b

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 10:55:54 PM »
She's no Rappin' Joaquin Phoenix, that's for sure.

Sarah

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 07:06:28 AM »
Pretentious twaddle?

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 11:52:10 AM »
For a little while I thought Jena Malone was Pam from the Office.  It's much more interesting when you think that.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 12:12:57 PM »
Yeah, me too. I listened to a couple of minutes of these songs, trying my best to be charitable because of my affection for Pam.

Pride of Staten Island

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 01:16:35 AM »
For a little while I thought Jena Malone was Pam from the Office.  It's much more interesting when you think that.

I thought Jena Malone was Jane Krakowski's character on "30 Rock."

I mean, she sings, right?
The only Wire I care about is the one that recorded Pink Flag.

Satchmo Mask

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 11:59:56 AM »
I thought Jena Malone was Jane Krakowski's character on "30 Rock."

I mean, she sings, right?

:(

Jenna Maroney makes "GOOD" music!!!!!
"I LOVE HONEY BUNCHES AND OATS,BUT THE LAST THREE TIMES I WAS EATING IT,T EXSPIRIENCED SEVERE ABDOMINAL PAIN AND ACID REFLEX PROBLEMS.SO THIS CEREAL IS OF MY GROCERY LIST" - Monika54

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 12:08:03 PM »
I've always liked Jena Malone.

ericluxury

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 12:47:22 PM »
So far I've liked her in movies and she's very pretty, but yeah the music is pretty bad.
I like Animal Collective but that is one band that as they get popular their influence will be making music worse and worse.