Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 82696 times)

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 09:18:33 PM »
Dear nitpickers,

GET OFF MY BACK ABOUT THE CLONE THING, WOULD YA. I do still feel Breaking Bad owes a great deal to both the plot of The Sopranos and the way it changed the climate of television in general, but I will no longer refer to it as a clone. I only meant it started out that way, in the premise, anyhow. It's obviously doing it's own unique thing now, which I can only be grateful for.

Pidgeon

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 09:23:57 PM »
Dude, relax.

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 10:37:18 PM »
You wanna throw down, Joe? Because I will throw down.
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

Come on, Jason

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 01:00:18 AM »
This thread is Breaking Bad.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 09:05:15 AM »
Dude, relax.

Why don't you relax, clone.

You wanna throw down, Joe? Because I will throw down.

No, I don't, but I am going to call the FBI on you for threatening my life.

I'm going to cook meth in your skulls.

bakersfieldchimp

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 11:33:22 AM »
The introduction of Bob Odenkirk's character was the icing on the already delicious cake.

KickTheBobo

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 12:07:25 PM »
I have caught a few hours of this show scattered about and am considering starting from the top. Maybe it's just the episodes I saw, but it seems as if 85% of the story takes place inside of a Winnebago in the desert. Is there much more to the show?

I also like Bryan Cranston the actor because his last name is the town I live in. ALSO:

the guy has paid his dues in the biz so it's nice to see him get a lead on something that seems to be gathering momentum. ALSO:

according to imdb: Has a dog named Sugar, saved from a local Los Angeles pound. - BONUS!

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 02:10:39 PM »
i only became interested in this show when Bryan Cranston showed up on best week ever.  sold. 

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 02:32:24 PM »
Based on the first 2 episodes, I think I'm going to love this show. I'm already planning how to fit episode 3 into the time between my arrival home and tonight's show.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 04:06:25 PM »
Based on the first 2 episodes, I think I'm going to love this show. I'm already planning how to fit episode 3 into the time between my arrival home and tonight's show.

Either the 3rd or 4th episode has a really nasty scene that made me laugh like a fool.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 02:30:16 AM »
Good christ this show has gotten brutal. It's living up to it's name! I know I said I wouldn't call it a clone anymore and I won't... but how could anybody not at least see the Sopranos parallel with this show after these last few episodes? Carmella/Skylar, Christopher/Jessie, Adrianna/Jane, Tony/Walter White, (young) A.J./Walter Jr., Furio/Skylar's boss, the list goes on. How am I the asshole for thinking this?! How?!

Yet, I'm not complaining. This is severely good tv, derivative or not.

hugman

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 02:32:22 AM »
This season is fucking GOOD.  Shit is going uh-down.

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 03:12:03 AM »
http://www.savewalterwhite.com/

that's awesome, especially the donate button
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 09:45:44 AM »
Good christ this show has gotten brutal. It's living up to it's name! I know I said I wouldn't call it a clone anymore and I won't... but how could anybody not at least see the Sopranos parallel with this show after these last few episodes? Carmella/Skylar, Christopher/Jessie, Adrianna/Jane, Tony/Walter White, (young) A.J./Walter Jr., Furio/Skylar's boss, the list goes on. How am I the asshole for thinking this?! How?!

I haven't seen any of season two yet, but based on season one the Sopranos parallel doesn't work because, at a basic level, Tony is a have and Walter is a have-not. Tony has money and power and the fear and respect of others. Walter is a schlub who has to take a second job at a car wash in order to support his family. He suffers the humiliation of wiping the wheels of one of his students (and has his picture snapped doing it), he has to ask the woman at the hospital not to cash his check until next week, etc.

Maybe things change in season two. In any case, I can't wait.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 03:16:20 PM »
Just watched last night's episode. The steely gaze that came over Walt's face while he was crying was chilling. It was a "I got you, bitch" kind of look. I'm really worried about who are in the body bags which is presumably what we're going to find out in the season finale.