Author Topic: Radio Spiritworld  (Read 3246 times)

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Radio Spiritworld
« on: June 19, 2009, 02:17:55 PM »
OK, no love for my last link to David Lynch's site. How about this?

http://rsw.cc/

It's by the Look Around You guys, and it's brilliant, especially if you've ever listened to the BBC international broadcasts that it's modeled on.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Radio Spiritworld
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 11:09:05 PM »
I'm checking it now Crum.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 11:13:51 PM »
Smoking Jokes!

I Like

"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

DoodleJump!

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 12:14:00 AM »
this = love from me.
"Enough with the bandana, already." -Trace Atkins to Donald Trump

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 08:18:48 AM »
It's by the Look Around You guys, and it's brilliant, especially if you've ever listened to the BBC international broadcasts that it's modeled on.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure the broadcasts I used to hear, and which this sounds a lot like, were by the BBC. They would be (and probably still are) played late at night on the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, you Canadummies) in half-hour chunks from places like Japan, Holland, and South Africa. They would always feature short, dumb clips on all kinds of topics related to 'getting to know' that country, and there seemed to be a rule that the humorous banter between the two hosts be as stiff as possible. The moment on RSW when the hosts discuss their own deaths captures the tone perfectly.

James W

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 12:47:51 PM »
I love how it combines hilarity with a sense of queasy dread.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 01:33:40 PM »

Come to think of it, I'm not sure the broadcasts I used to hear, and which this sounds a lot like, were by the BBC. They would be (and probably still are) played late at night on the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, you Canadummies) in half-hour chunks from places like Japan, Holland, and South Africa. They would always feature short, dumb clips on all kinds of topics related to 'getting to know' that country, and there seemed to be a rule that the humorous banter between the two hosts be as stiff as possible. The moment on RSW when the hosts discuss their own deaths captures the tone perfectly.

CBC Overnight!

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 04:35:32 PM »
So great!  Thanks, crumbum.
veni dixie vici

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 02:13:06 AM »
It's now available on iTunes.

pscan

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 05:39:42 AM »
Holy moly. This thing is great. New 2nd favorite podcast!

allanalpha

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 10:55:47 AM »
Amazing, I love these guys.

sleepytako

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 06:59:25 PM »

CBC Overnight!

2nd the glory that is CBC Overnight! Nothing was better than being able to pick up Calgary's CBC station when driving across Montana late at night. There were times I wish I installed a shortwave radio in my truck.

James W

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 09:24:46 AM »
Yessssss...

Quote from: @serafinowicz
Exciting news - my and @robertpopper show, The Other Side (radiospiritworld.com) to be a BBC Radio 4 series!!!

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 11:40:08 AM »
ive sent this to three people at work already; we're enjoying ourselves this morning.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 11:47:28 AM »
2nd the glory that is CBC Overnight! Nothing was better than being able to pick up Calgary's CBC station when driving across Montana late at night. There were times I wish I installed a shortwave radio in my truck.

You're quite the traveler, aintcha?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!