Author Topic: Sadness  (Read 15378 times)

JustSheaNo

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Sadness
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 08:59:00 PM »
I am staying home with baby sheano, so that Scratchbomb can go to the gathering. I'm considering making him bring a palm sized cardboard cut out of me.

erechoveraker

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 12:26:45 AM »
This entire section of the boards now make me sad, I may not be around here until after this is over so I'm not reminded of it every time I look at the main index page. I possibly have the funds and could maybe even get the time to go too, but it's just not enough notice to fully pull it off. This time last year, I would have been there for sure.

Damn you, 2009.

betheboy

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 02:36:48 AM »
I am staying home with baby sheano, so that Scratchbomb can go to the gathering. I'm considering making him bring a palm sized cardboard cut out of me.

If I were going without Mrs. Be The Boy she would just hope I didn't say/do anything regrettable. 

Geoff Johnston

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 02:54:09 PM »
I just checked my watch and it clearly denotes that we are living in the INTERNET AGE!

So, how difficult would it be for someone there to rig up a laptop w/a Skype chat open...or something?  Is this a cost prohibitive idea?   

I don't know how to do it, but I know it can be done.  Anyone?  Anyone?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 03:53:12 PM »
The only nonstop to Newark is $769.  Good lord.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 04:00:27 PM »

Where are you? Hawaii?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 04:32:27 PM »

Where are you? Hawaii?

NC.  Seriously.  The problem is that only one airline flies nonstop to Newark from RDU these days (Kennedy and La Guardia have some competition and are much more reasonable, but then you're talking about a pretty big cab ride).

That and the fact that there's no Saturday night stay and you just get a really expensive flight.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 04:54:12 PM »
You can get a cheaper flight from Sweden to Newark. Most of them are around $400.

Jason

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 06:26:44 PM »
You can get a cheaper flight from Sweden to Newark. Most of them are around $400.

Do it!

gravy boat

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 06:34:33 PM »

Where are you? Hawaii?

NC.  Seriously.  The problem is that only one airline flies nonstop to Newark from RDU these days (Kennedy and La Guardia have some competition and are much more reasonable, but then you're talking about a pretty big cab ride).

That and the fact that there's no Saturday night stay and you just get a really expensive flight.

How bout from Greensboro (I fly in there to/from Newark occasionally). I see fares for $210- arriving Tues. leaving Thu.  Cheap, quick train/PATH trip from the airport to Iron Monkey.  You can sleep at Jason's.  Plus, there is a great, cheap bar in Hoboken (next to Jersey City) with FOT bartenders that I am guessing will make sure to treat you and other out-to-towners right the rest of your stay. 

Seriously people, "what one man can do..."

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2009, 04:27:59 PM »
Plus, there is a great, cheap bar in Hoboken (next to Jersey City) with FOT bartenders that I am guessing will make sure to treat you and other out-to-towners right the rest of your stay. 

What is the name of this establishment? I will input it into my palm pilot.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

gravy boat

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2009, 07:27:30 PM »
Plus, there is a great, cheap bar in Hoboken (next to Jersey City) with FOT bartenders that I am guessing will make sure to treat you and other out-to-towners right the rest of your stay. 

What is the name of this establishment? I will input it into my palm pilot.

Louise & Jerry's - bartender Brian is a FOT.  My name -- Rick -- may not get you far but Brian likes fallen administrator Jason.

Sarah

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 07:29:27 PM »
Surely a flash of a FOT card would do the trick?

A.M. Thomas

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 01:24:08 PM »
I live too far away and have to work.

I'm pretty bummed.

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

Jason

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2009, 01:38:03 PM »
I live too far away and have to work.

I'm pretty bummed.

Seriously? What sort of an excuse is that?
PATHETIC.