Author Topic: acrowars  (Read 16071 times)

Grimlock

Re: acrowars
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 05:03:31 PM »
It's no phun with the proletariat.

Fotwaghee onleeeee

Eric

• Policemans heel
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 06:56:55 PM »
Yea, plus there have been lots of trolls "flooding" the chat and freezing the game the past 3-4 days. It seems to be a fairly common nuisance. I'd be up for a fot game if anyone else is.

Sarah

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 12:46:44 AM »
How's about this Friday (3/2) at 4:30 p.m. EST, lads and lasses?  Three of us are in so far, but more would be better.

Sarah

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 03:09:06 PM »
Tomorrow (Tuesday) at 6 p.m. EST has been proposed.  I, for one,will be checking in.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 09:46:54 PM »
I've really gotten into this geography game. Anyone else played?
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Jason

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 12:52:10 AM »
New FOT-friendly URL -

http://www.friendsoftom.com/acrowars

The old url will work for the same room.

I played a great non-lobby game the other day with topics. Winner sets the topic by typing /topic your topic here

I set the FOT game to do this. If you want to turn it off I made Zazie moderator. Click the spanner in the top right corner to modify the game.

(Thanks Moonshake and Megan).

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 01:15:30 AM »
The geography game is fun as hell, acru.  Let's play during a music break on Tuesday, perhaps!

I will also hopefully remember to play acrowars tomorrow (Tuesday) night at 6.

TL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 07:54:21 AM »
Will somebody please explain this to me?  How do you play?  What do you do?  Etc.?
Thanks!
Now write me a receipt so I can tip on outta here...

Sarah

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 08:31:30 AM »
I was just going about to post here when I saw your request popped up, TL, so the timing is perfect.

The game is simple:  a series of letters appears on the screen--say, GOMP--and each player has to come up with a sentence/phrase in which the first letter of each word matches the set of letters (in the same order)--in this case, obviously, every FOT would enter "Get off my phone."  One has sixty seconds to think up a phrase, then everyone votes for the one s/he prefers.  If you don't vote, votes for your submission are not counted.  After ten rounds, the two best players (or more, if there's a tie) compete in a face-off round, and a winner is declared.  And victory is sweet, I tell you.

Now to the reason I was going to post in the first place: Jason, how about embedding the game here?  Worth it, do you think?

Oh, and thanks for honoring me with moderator status.  Though all this responsibility is going to be the death of me.

TL

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 08:53:29 AM »
Thanks Sarah - sounds like fun.  Do you just "show up" and start playing with whoever's there?

Sarah

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 09:05:36 AM »
Well, you can do that in the main lobby,which is usually quite crowded.  The FOT room is usually vacant unless we arrange a time, hence my attempts to set dates here.

TL

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 09:09:27 AM »
Gotcha.  Hanx!

Sarah

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 08:39:33 AM »
Say, if there isn't a show next week--and I bet there won't be--anyone want to pick a time to acro?  It would be a pleasant novelty to play when not exhausted.

evan (giggles)

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 12:52:02 PM »
Say, if there isn't a show next week--and I bet there won't be--anyone want to pick a time to acro?  It would be a pleasant novelty to play when not exhausted.

do you really mean "play?" or do you actually mean "lose to evan again?"

because i could've sworn i smoked you last night :)

pick a time, i'll show up!

Sarah

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 01:10:18 PM »
Bah, it would take more than losing to you twice in a row to shake me, mister.  You know I'm still your better overall.

Let's see if more people are interested in doing this:  we need at least five for it to be fun.