Author Topic: Intervention/Hoarders  (Read 20818 times)

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
Re: Intervention/Hoarders
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2009, 12:46:16 PM »
I'm not surprised at all that Hoarders drew a higher rating than Mad Men. It's a better show. Boing!
See God, Kai

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Rob
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2009, 12:17:49 AM »
On tonight's show, Rob is so high he doesn't realize he wrote a Vaselines song.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2009, 12:28:43 AM »
Hahaha, I saw that. I got a big kick out of that. Btw, Rob was a melodramatic dick.
See God, Kai

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2009, 11:07:28 AM »
Hoarders is a little annoying. Why don't they give these people a week to clean out and some more extensive therapy? It's like Intervention meets Obsessed with this weird touch of Extreme Home Makeover. Except with Intervention and Obsessed, they at least get some level of extended therapy to fix their crazy brains.
from the land of pleasant living

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2009, 12:22:56 PM »
You're right, Erika. The time constriction on Hoarders is annoying. That's why I suggested to Tom that Hoarders be converted into a game show. Each week someone, preferably a family member, is zipped up into a Hazmat suit and buried beneath the piles of a hoarder. The first person to unearth the buried person wins a thousand dollars.
See God, Kai

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2009, 12:31:19 PM »
You're right, Erika. The time constriction on Hoarders is annoying. That's why I suggested to Tom that Hoarders be converted into a game show. Each week someone, preferably a family member, is zipped up into a Hazmat suit and buried beneath the piles of a hoarder. The first person to unearth the buried person wins a thousand dollars.

I'd play if I could use one of those garbage spikes like the park maintenance people use.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2009, 02:02:20 PM »

That is an especially great idea as the prize could be not money but rather all of the losers' stuff.

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2009, 05:47:10 PM »

Most of the hoarders would rather keep their junk than save a family member. That's how mentally ill they are.

I was surprised by the bed bug family last night. It really seemed the guy was more lazy about cleaning than anything else. He didn't put up much of a fight.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2009, 10:05:39 PM »
Tonight's Intervention features one of the worst families I've ever seen.

"Go ahead and kill yourself."
"You deserved to be raped."

Tough times.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Sarah

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2009, 12:52:10 PM »
Yeah, but that Amy was really annoying.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2009, 03:46:31 PM »
I have to agree with Sarah here, buffcoat. I think Amy's family had been pushed to their limits and said some regretable things in anger. It happens. I didn't get a sense that they were hateful people.

Last night's episodes of Intervention and Hoarders were very distressing. The fallout from child abuse is always hard to watch.
See God, Kai

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2009, 04:08:12 PM »
The fallout from child abuse is always hard to watch.

What is the percentage of young women with eating disorders or addictions on the show who weren't either sexually abused or raped?  Very, very low.  The "and/or" is absentee or shockingly unemotional fathers.

These monsters have no idea the damage they do, not only to their victims but to the victims' families and the people they later have relationships with, as well.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2009, 04:09:50 PM »
I have to agree with Sarah here, buffcoat. I think Amy's family had been pushed to their limits and said some regretable things in anger. It happens. I didn't get a sense that they were hateful people.

Yeah, I posted that having only seen the first half.  I still felt like the family were a bunch of weirdos, and stunted emotionally, but they gathered round her at the end and did the right thing.

She looked and sounded so much different with 12 more pounds on her and without a fifth of blueberry vodka in her that she hardly seemed like the same person.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2009, 10:47:21 PM »
What happened to Obsessed? That was the best one.