Author Topic: LOST season 6  (Read 23338 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: LOST season 6
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 04:03:51 PM »
Unapologetic Lost fan. Don't let anyone talk you out of what you like just because they don't. This post kills cultural fascists!

thom

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 05:52:01 PM »
The Lost writers being such comic gigantic comic book nerds gives the show a big boost in the narrative arc/mythology department. Unfortunately, their dialogue belongs on the page of a comic book, unspoken.

But I'll take it. It's the best show on television and I cannot wait for February.

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 08:26:45 AM »
That is disturbing. I just watched The Golden Compass this morning and was loving me some polar bears and watching those two clips has sort of soured my night. I'm glad that the LOST ad is a fake, though, because I love LOST.

I agree, glad it is fake.  Seemed cruel.

How are you going to handle the Tuesday night situaiton? Are you in a time zone where you can listen to Best Show and LOST? or do you have to catch up, like I'm going to have to?

Get a DVR, sister!

I aspire to one day. I don't have control over my cable situation right now but even if I could, I couldn't afford it. I'm just going to watch it online.
Doing it Mentos style.

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 02:49:34 AM »
Is this the safe zone part of the FOT board where I can give my theories for season 6:

Jacob's enemy is actually the smoke monster and has been manipulating Christian Shepard and every other dead character we see roaming the island.

David

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 03:23:31 AM »
Is this the safe zone part of the FOT board where I can give my theories for season 6:

Jacob's enemy is actually the smoke monster and has been manipulating Christian Shepard and every other dead character we see roaming the island.

MORE SPOILERS

I think that scene in the finale between Jacob and other dude (maybe smoke monster? or at least on the smoke monster's side?) was the beginning of a battle for the soul of humanity. It's always been a very moral show, and the choices people made on the island both good (Charlie giving up drugs and becoming a decent person, everything Sawyer) and bad (Sayid giving into his demons) matters. It's a big chess game, or backgammon if you prefer. And I think that Jacob and other guy are either deities or something mystical, and they're in a dialectic battle over man. I don't know who believes what, but I'm guessing Jacob is the optimistic one, not necessarily good. I mean, the others claim to be the good guy, but we don't know who they follow. And the Dharma Initiative- are they just interlopers or are they there with an ideological backing?

But yeah, this show has been about a moral struggle since the start. That these people can start over, can redefine who they are, or can remain the same messed up people they were before crash landing on ABC.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 11:27:59 AM »
In a show that has made no sense it makes too much sense that it's a modern day telling of Jacob and the seven lost tribes of Israel. But, it has to be, right?

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 03:20:07 PM »
Hey guys, I made this. I have a lot of free time.

http://www.vimeo.com/8665664
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 05:05:05 PM »
Roger "Work Man" doesn't get enough credit, either.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »
How about the tubby but lovable teacher who bit the dust in his second episode?

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 06:42:12 PM »
Arzt. I'm thinking about making that my next project.

Trotskie

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 08:29:54 PM »
Arzt. I'm thinking about making that my next project.

If you can, try to work in his star turn in Late Shift.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 11:52:40 AM »
I heard on the radio that LOST fans were protesting to move the presidential address, so it wont preempt their TV show. Get off the island once in a while, would ya lost fans? Dumb.

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 01:15:56 PM »
I heard on the radio that LOST fans were protesting to move the presidential address, so it wont preempt their TV show. Get off the island once in a while, would ya lost fans? Dumb.
Well, dumb or not, they got their wish.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9u2Wu7d_Rw[/youtube]

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 02:25:36 PM »
Well, dumb or not, they got their wish.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9u2Wu7d_Rw[/youtube]

Mark one up on the board for democracy!

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 04:51:11 PM »
Biggest unanswered question is why is this not a Broadway musical yet? Mandy Patinkin as Locke and Alan Cumming as Ben Linus, it would be brilliant. Get crackin' Andrew Lloyd Webber!!!
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.