Author Topic: 3rd Annual The Best Show on WFMU's The Best Show on WFMU Awards  (Read 32942 times)

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
Re: 3rd Annual The Best Show on WFMU's The Best Show on WFMU Awards
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2010, 07:01:58 PM »
Can Wally be in contention for ROTY?
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

~L

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2010, 07:33:47 PM »
Was this the year that Julie called, I think it was Julie, and said she wanted to visit the Best Show and Tom said "sure". Then she asked if she could sleep on his couch, and he said "NO". I can't keep the years in order. If so, that's a double header for "the Bravest and the Saddest."  I am all for creating new categories.

Chris Kiss

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2010, 08:33:16 PM »
Best Heave-Ho: the young woman who called about getting a Smashing Pumpkins tattoo and then later called Tom a "shadow of a man" for not being into guns.

OR!

Best Heave-Ho: the guy who called up to talk to PFT about Twitter and said, "Tom, I know you're not into the Twitter thing" and then when he was set straight about Tom's twitter usage and PFT suggested he follow him he said, "I'll think about it." Tom's response was amaziing.

ireadashortstorytoday

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2010, 01:49:33 AM »
Julie recently said something so perfect, something so equally sad and sublime, it keeps popping into my head:

I'm worse in person.

I think this deserves something.

Barry Egan

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2010, 02:51:47 AM »
Best Heave-Ho: the young woman who called about getting a Smashing Pumpkins tattoo and then later called Tom a "shadow of a man" for not being into guns.

OR!

Best Heave-Ho: the guy who called up to talk to PFT about Twitter and said, "Tom, I know you're not into the Twitter thing" and then when he was set straight about Tom's twitter usage and PFT suggested he follow him he said, "I'll think about it." Tom's response was amaziing.

Julie recently said something so perfect, something so equally sad and sublime, it keeps popping into my head:

I'm worse in person.

These are fantastic.  Remember the dates and/or times of these moments?  (I'm going to be asking this question a lot)

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2010, 10:44:22 AM »
Smashing Pumpkins Tattoo Girl/Ally: 10/8/09 2:23:37

I know this because I called right after her.
Doing it Mentos style.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »
Smashing Pumpkins Tattoo Girl/Ally: 10/8/09 2:23:37

I know this because I called right after her.

The PFT & Tom twitter convo was right before the big juggalo conversation, so that's whatever date that was ... 7/21/09. I also liked that call from Darren. That whole show was just nuts.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Barry Egan

« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2010, 04:02:46 PM »
Many thanks, ladies.  This thread's on FIYAH.  Keep it up!

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2010, 04:08:53 PM »
Best Newlywed Supercaller - Erika

Awww... But I've barely called lately so I think I'm out of the running. Nice though :)

from the land of pleasant living

Sarah

« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2010, 09:46:49 PM »
That title would still be yours, regardless.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2010, 11:04:41 PM »
I thought "doy" was a funny way of saying "duh."

Doy is yiddish for surely you must be joking.
No, it's the same as duh, as in, duh, how could I forget those two lovely people.

Pastor Josh

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2010, 12:50:31 AM »
Forgive me if I'm out of line, but I thought a category for the FOT who contributed the most to the community but not necessarily to the show might be in order.  (FOT of the Year?)  If so, I open the nominations with Auntie Christina, who coordinated the Secret Santa for 2009.  I know there were others who contributed editing skills, artistic genius, and various other talents, so it seems like a good idea to honor them.
Who I don't have chocolate?

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2010, 01:20:24 AM »

I'm worse in person.

These are fantastic.  Remember the dates and/or times of these moments?  (I'm going to be asking this question a lot)
[/quote]

This was 12/1/09 14:55
Doing it Mentos style.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2010, 09:38:24 AM »
Forgive me if I'm out of line, but I thought a category for the FOT who contributed the most to the community but not necessarily to the show might be in order.  (FOT of the Year?)  If so, I open the nominations with Auntie Christina, who coordinated the Secret Santa for 2009.  I know there were others who contributed editing skills, artistic genius, and various other talents, so it seems like a good idea to honor them.

You're sweet to say that(TM), but even here it's silly for me to get a mention. Mel and Martin for example - who produce the main and the gems podcast respectively. Jason, Sparkiepop, etc etc.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

wwwes

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2010, 09:32:26 PM »
Best Caller: Fredericks
Rookie of the Year: Wally Wackyman
Guest of the Year: Aimee Mann is a no brainer. She's been really funny every time she's on, always interesting. She should win solely for contributing that amazing cover of Too Many People.
Saddest Caller: Spike. I know it's easy, but MAN, his calls really got depressing this year.
...after that it gets fuzzy.