Author Topic: 3rd Annual The Best Show on WFMU's The Best Show on WFMU Awards  (Read 32721 times)

The H-Man

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: 3rd Annual The Best Show on WFMU's The Best Show on WFMU Awards
« Reply #210 on: May 27, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »
Rookie of the year with Wally...quite an honor for a young man!  Thank you Best Show for some touching moments over the past few months!  We were ecstatic last night.  An historic moment for this family.

--milo's dad

Congratulations to you and your son, sir.  And to my brother along with Wally, I wish them the fondest congratulations.  They definitely deserved this win.  Still, kinda disappointed by the 3-way tie for Best Guest.  I will gladly pass down the title, but it's just kinda odd that it includes all three, although I find Patton and PFT to be quite worthy of the title, and even a little bit to Kevin Smith.
"...Roddy's brother Buddy, he's got a buddy, that works at the 5 and dime, who's Uncle Ron runs a recording studio.  Rod shows up with his six-stringed friend, and a head full of tunes.  Laid down some tracks, and the tape burned like Rock n' Roll fire..."   -Gas Station Dogs

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2010, 12:35:20 PM »
I have to admit I guessed wrong (I thought it was going to be Christina, also deserving), but when I heard it was Fredericks, it made sense. Congratulations, NPR, you've got one hell of a perspective on things, and an entertaining way of sharing it.

Congratulations to ALL the winners, and also to Larry and Spike.

Why am I getting special billing, when I should have been BEST CALLER !!!!!
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2010, 04:42:43 PM »
I have to admit I guessed wrong (I thought it was going to be Christina, also deserving), but when I heard it was Fredericks, it made sense. Congratulations, NPR, you've got one hell of a perspective on things, and an entertaining way of sharing it.

Congratulations to ALL the winners, and also to Larry and Spike.

Why am I getting special billing, when I should have been BEST CALLER !!!!!

I am willing to cede most consistent caller.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #213 on: June 10, 2010, 09:33:59 AM »
When Fredericks, who I love,  called in this week, and said "caller of the year!", he used the exact same cadence as "yabba dabba do!".

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #214 on: June 10, 2010, 09:52:43 AM »
Fredericks used the exact same cadence as "yabba dabba do!".

I just threw a Dino-Burger against the wall!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #215 on: June 20, 2010, 09:42:14 PM »
Just want to say that it was nice to be nominated... or was it. It was a great episode.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.