Author Topic: Boston Music Podcast  (Read 1322 times)

Tedstud

• Achilles bursitis
Boston Music Podcast
« on: February 10, 2010, 10:38:58 AM »
Hey FOT,

Fellow Friend of Tom, Colin and I have started a Boston music podcast (http://bridgesandsquares.net).  There are other local music shows around town but they never seem to feature bands who are actually good.  We have been traveling to various practice spaces around town recording our favorite bands and featuring them on the show.   We also chat about various music topics because we like to talk about music;D  We are total amateurs but somebody in Boston needs to attempt to shine a light on all the good bands here.

Here is how I'm pitching the show to the world:
The Bridges And Squares music podcast is the culmination of the conspiracy between the Knights Templar and the Free Masons that Dan Brown began to uncover in The Da Vinci Code. 

So anyways, check it out especially if you are a FOT from MA.

Thanks!
Ted

PS  I stole the title of the show from the Ted Leo song of the same name.  I contacted him to ask if it was cool to use the name and he said it was.  As always TL is the man.

Dan in Chicago

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Boston Music Podcast
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 08:26:33 PM »
Though I haven't lived in Boston for almost two years, I can't tell you how happy I am that someone is doing something like this. Boston has alot of potential right now, musically, but needs a good kick in the ass to get it started, and everything like this helps. I'll check it out as it develops.
There is no good Art in here.

Tedstud

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Boston Music Podcast
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »
Though I haven't lived in Boston for almost two years, I can't tell you how happy I am that someone is doing something like this. Boston has alot of potential right now, musically, but needs a good kick in the ass to get it started, and everything like this helps. I'll check it out as it develops.

Thanks for the encouragement Dan.  I think I'll need it.  Our next episode features Abram Taber who is truly talented looping different sounds so keep an eye out for that.