Author Topic: Human Centipede  (Read 24494 times)

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Human Centipede
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2010, 04:41:32 PM »
I pictured the shoes on their knees like it's "Dorf on Human Centipede".
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2010, 06:21:27 PM »
Shoes?  With no kneecaps, I imagine mobility would be achieved by means of a kind of wriggle/squirm.  The inner thighs and inner side of the knees would probably experience the most wear and tear.

I am so confused by this. 

But intrigued!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2010, 07:22:20 PM »
I've been confused by like the last half dozen posts.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

bakersfieldchimp

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2010, 02:22:27 AM »
I watched this movie, and I don't have any real justification for doing so aside from having some sort of subconscious self-hatred thing going on. It's pretty... what's the word... revolting. The only reason I made it through the entire thing was because I was constantly distracting myself with video games and comics, but I still saw plenty. It achieves what it's going for, I guess, but why anyone would want to go for that is beyond me. I noticed on wikipedia that the director/writer has a sequel that he's working on where there'll be twelve people in the centipede, which is just... I want to say ridiculous, but that's doesn't seem like a strong enough word.

Sarah

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2010, 08:00:44 AM »
That's just silly:  how could one person eat enough nutritious food to keep eleven people alive with his or her shit?

bakersfieldchimp

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2010, 08:10:14 AM »
I hadn't even considered that aspect-- thanks, Sarah!

Sarah

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2010, 08:15:08 AM »
You're very welcome.  Although, forget about food:  how could anyone drink enough water?

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2010, 08:22:57 AM »
That's just silly:  how could one person eat enough nutritious food to keep eleven people alive with his or her shit?

Gwyneth Paltrow has an article bragging about it on Goop.

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2010, 08:25:16 AM »

That's about the funniest thing I have read in years!
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2010, 12:36:27 PM »
That made me laugh so hard I almost swallowed my tongue.
Your vigor for life appalls me.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2010, 07:42:44 AM »
The plight of the last person in that lineup could give a new dimension to the old "This food is terrible, and such small portions" gag.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2010, 07:42:10 PM »
I say you're dead on about the "gag".

sparkatus

• Policemans heel
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2010, 05:12:40 AM »
I think what's most worrying about this is the full title, The Human Centipede (First Sequence).

If George Lucas didn't have the confidence in his space opera to call it Star Wars I (or IV or whatever, I don't like those films), how can director Tom Six (supposedly real name) be so sure that we'll be clamouring for sequels to this?

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2010, 11:24:23 AM »
I get nauseous just whenever a new page in this thread gets created, because I fear the thread's first page will get weaker and might atrophy. (of course I'm not helping by posting this)

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2010, 12:35:46 PM »

This makes me want to explain to everyone I know what Goop and The Human Centipede are all about, so that I can show them this joke.