Author Topic: Superchunk did a really fun cover for AVClub Undercover.  (Read 1945 times)

Lothar_Brightblade

Superchunk did a really fun cover for AVClub Undercover.
« on: July 29, 2010, 09:11:19 PM »
I'm sure a lot of you have seen this by now, but Superchunk is AVCLub's latest group to do a cover. Their own song on the list, Detroit has a Skyline, has yet to be done but they did a really great cover of The Cure's In Between Days.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-cure,38884/

I don't know, I prefer Logical Song.

redmedicine

• Policemans heel
Re: Superchunk did a really fun cover for AVClub Undercover.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 07:05:43 PM »
I just spend most of today watching these videos while "working".  Not to be too Best Show biased, but my favorite is probably this one.    the GBV one is interesting, and hearing Alan Sparhawk tackle Kokomo was nice to listen to ... once.  The Nirvana one seemed rather unneccesary, and the Mates of State one needs to be reported to the twee police.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 07:38:35 PM »
Superchunk does pretty awesome covers in general. (So does Ted Leo & the RXs) My fave so far is Beat My Guest.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

redmedicine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 08:08:29 PM »
I'm just glad Bryce didn't show up and try to get them to do a version of Dark Star or something from Dick's Picks.

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 03:20:09 AM »
I just spend most of today watching these videos while "working".  Not to be too Best Show biased, but my favorite is probably this one.    the GBV one is interesting, and hearing Alan Sparhawk tackle Kokomo was nice to listen to ... once.  The Nirvana one seemed rather unneccesary, and the Mates of State one needs to be reported to the twee police.

I liked Wye Oaks AVclub undercover song, in addition to the ones mentioned.  Though I didn't even like Kokomo once, and I love Alan Sparhawk.   

I like the Mates of State.  That cover was not fun at all though.  I had high hopes.
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

Lothar_Brightblade

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 03:59:09 AM »

I liked Wye Oaks AVclub undercover song, in addition to the ones mentioned.  Though I didn't even like Kokomo once, and I love Alan Sparhawk.   

I like the Mates of State.  That cover was not fun at all though.  I had high hopes.

I like Wye Oak's and The Fruit Bats's covers along with Superchunk's the best. I agree on Kokomo, I don't really like it, the dudes seemed to cocky.

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 01:11:59 PM »
The Clem Snide one is beautiful.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Lothar_Brightblade

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 01:15:06 AM »
Finally, Detroit has a Skyline is covered. And ruined by horrible, horrible vocals.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/superchunk,38880/