Author Topic: SEPTA Love Stories  (Read 1223 times)

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
SEPTA Love Stories
« on: February 09, 2011, 03:17:06 PM »
This is the best website I've come across in ages. Maybe ever.

SEPTA is the mass transit system in Philadelphia. It's easily the worst part about life in the City of Brotherly Love, depending upon how much Comcast impacts your life. Trips on SEPTA increase your risk of having bleach thrown in your eyes by a stranger by various percentages, depending upon the route/line one takes.

However, SEPTA's inherent dangerousness has not kept love from developing as seen at this website dedicated to sharing love stories about people who have fallen in love while riding the Philadelphia metropolitan area's mass transit system: http://www.septalovestories.org/index.cfm

It's also a contest as 14 lucky couples can win a ride on the "Love Train" (which looks like a general ride on the Blue Line), a VIP reception at SEPTA headquarters and a screening of a movie called "The Love Letter Project."

Favorite story so far, possibly because it happened on the line that I take and which serves the Roxborough neighborhood, home to both me and the infamous Ziegler family:

Mike and I took the Norristown Line together every day for weeks before we finally spoke. Every morning we would stand on the platform next to each other waiting for the train, and then sit across from each other and steal glances all the way to work. We never said a word, but I couldn't get him out of my mind! After several weeks, he finally got up the courage to talk to me and we've been inseparable ever since. This past May (2 years later) while at the train station where we met, Mike asked me to grab a copy of the Metro paper. I did and on the front of the paper was a picture Mike photoshopped of us and the headline read that he was about to propose!! Mike had planted it there just for this moment! When I turned around Mike was on one knee and asked me to be his wife. I of course said "Yes!" Thank you SEPTA for bringing us love!
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: SEPTA Love Stories
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 10:00:08 PM »
I love it! This MUST be what is going through every girls mind when we accidentally lock eyes! Tomorrow I'm gunna go for it! Thanks Gregg!