Author Topic: Robinhood Fund  (Read 4608 times)

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Robinhood Fund
« on: April 19, 2007, 01:34:12 PM »
Updated to change the link to the third round link. :)

Alright. I'm sure you guys have seen my signature, and you may know my situation. I'm going to go ahead and post an explain and little bit and see if I can get some of your help. I promise I'm not a random spammer, I'm a huge Best Show fan and regular poster at AST, I just never realized there was a FOT BOARD. So, now I am here.

Anyway, here's the story.. I'm 22 and have been dealing with illnesses since I was 17. These illnesses are Evans Syndrome Lupus and Fibromyalgia, which have made me unable to work for the last three years. I've been denied disability six times. If you want to read more about it go to my blog, http://swisss_misss.livejournal.com .  I wrote a long thing explaining everything here, but I won't post all the pathetic details here. :)

My request is that, if you have the time and you don't mind, could go to http://www.robinhoodfund.com/cast-your-votes/wish/id/3785

sign up for an account and vote my wish five stars. If I get enough people to do this, I could win $500 that would go toward providing myself with all of the necessities I need and haven't been able to afford for so long.

If this is in bad taste, I really apologize. I know I'm new, so I'm taking a chance by posting it here.. Thanks everybody.

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Robinhood Fund
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 05:49:44 PM »
I voted.   Hopefully you'll win.

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 05:50:57 PM »
I voted.   Hopefully you'll win.

Thanks a lot. The FOT have been extremely helpful already.. Thanks guys.

Sarah

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 06:21:16 PM »
Done.  Good luck, swissmiss.

Jason

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 06:50:05 PM »
Voted. What's my cut?

jed

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 06:53:05 PM »
I also voted but I am slightly afraid that you are somehow the sweetest-sounding and smartest con-woman ever.
"My president is going to be one half Don West, one half the singer from Venom, thank you very much, good day sir!"

bruce

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 07:05:39 PM »
Voted for ya

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 07:23:35 PM »
I also voted but I am slightly afraid that you are somehow the sweetest-sounding and smartest con-woman ever.

Thanks everybody for your votes.

I promise I'm not a conwoman. I actually got to talk to Tom on the last Best Show - listen for me in the last half hour.

I don't know what to say, but thank you - because I'm being completely, sincerely genuine. :)

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 10:29:17 PM »
Have another vote!
Those illnesses sound like they must be a terrible burden, swissmiss, despite their funny names.
Good luck. May you receive assistance as sweet as the cocoa products that bear your name.

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 11:43:53 PM »
My sister-in-law has Fibromyalgia and I can personally testify that SwissMiss is not bullshitting.  You cannot make this stuff up.  Hold up your hand.  Pretend you are catwoman and bare your claws.  Keep your hand in that position for five hours.  Get the picture? (Swissmiss may not have that variant of the condition, but I just thought I'd offer up the image).

If you work in a cubicle farm (like me) please tell your friends to go here http://www.robinhoodfund.com/cast-your-votes/wish/id/3432, look at the picture for a few seconds, and then create a user account.  It doesn't cost you anything.  Just create an account with a bare bones profile (or flesh it out if you are into the whole social networking thing). 

FWIW: RobinHoodFund.com separates wishers into two categories, Nice and Naughty.  When you land on the above URL, you'll see a small floating DIV dialog that asks you to choose which one you are.  It doesn't matter which one you choose.  Here's what you'll see:

Click "nice."  Because that is what you are for doing this.

So, now you have the nice green color scheme.  Now, five-star her by clicking here:

Which will drop you into the Create Account flow ...

You get karma points for doing this, so please do it! Consider this an operational exercise for FOT Special Ops.  ARE-YOU-READY.FOT

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 12:15:05 AM »
My sister-in-law has Fibromyalgia and I can personally testify that SwissMiss is not bullshitting.  You cannot make this stuff up.  Hold up your hand.  Pretend you are catwoman and bare your claws.  Keep your hand in that position for five hours.  Get the picture? (Swissmiss may not have that variant of the condition, but I just thought I'd offer up the image).
You get karma points for doing this, so please do it! Consider this an operational exercise for FOT Special Ops.  ARE-YOU-READY.FOT

Hahaha You are hilarious. Thanks for the demonstration!

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 03:29:34 PM »
I voted! I just hope that you aren't going to get an asterisk now.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 03:57:13 PM »
Did it a couple of days ago.  Good luck.

Stan

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 10:10:52 PM »
 Done.

Best Fishes,
               Stan
                                 "This must be where buffcoat left his pants."

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 02:11:14 PM »
You guys are so awesome. I really feel welcome and at home here. I do at AST as well, but for some reason it's moreso here.

Anyway, I wanted to tell everybody thanks a lot for voting on the last round. I didn't win, but the new round has started and I have a wish up. If you have a quick second, it's be awesome if you logged in and voted me five stars again. There are much worthier causes, but I'm going to keep trying.

Here is the link! Thanks a million for donations and wishes.. It means so much to me.

http://www.robinhoodfund.com/cast-your-votes/wish/id/3785