Author Topic: Milton Glaser  (Read 2036 times)

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Milton Glaser
« on: April 23, 2007, 11:18:31 PM »
A short film about the man who brought you this logo:

http://miltonglaser.com/pages/identproj/id_index.html

And this poster:

Probably already seen by graphically inclined FOTs, but relevant to all:

[youtube=425,350]j82UhzCZcUA[/youtube]

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Milton Glaser
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 02:14:09 PM »
I'm sad and pathetic and didn't know who Milton Glaser was..

So my automatic thought for this thread, before reading, was "Jon Glaser had a kid and gave it a really weird name."

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 10:52:12 PM »
the Milton Glaser, Graphic Design book is a great way to learn about him & his work. it has pictures of his works & tiny descriptions that he writes, explaining the concepts & processes behind them. its really cool. its not overwhelming at all & its really interesting.

http://www.amazon.com/Milton-Glaser-Graphic-Design/dp/0879511885

you can probably interlibrary loan it, if your public/local library doesn't have a copy.

John Junk

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 11:33:02 PM »
I actually met Milton Glaser once.  My aunt is a graphic designer and I was a young aspiring illustrator.  She took me to see him and he looked at my stuff.  He was a nice guy and had generally positive things.  He actually said something like "He may just be a painter and you'll have to deal with it." No here I am, like 14 years later, some kind of highfalutin' performance/video/draughtsman/painter-artist guy with a high concept band.  I wouldn't be the little I am today without Milton Glaser! (Well, maybe...) 
I am interested in KicktheBobo's opinion of this divisive Graphic Design figure.  I've known a friend of two to hate his stuff.  But I think it's aight.  And he really was very nice to me (it helps my aunt was pretty hot back then).