Author Topic: Sons of Anarchy  (Read 28757 times)

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Sons of Anarchy
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2012, 10:51:09 AM »
Re: Sutter

I don't think he gets it at all. He thinks this is high-art.

I don't know whether to think this is awesome of really pathetic...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2012, 09:01:39 PM »
Re: Sutter

I don't think he gets it at all. He thinks this is high-art. On his Twitter feed rantings, he often cries about the lack of award nominations and once compared Sons's quality to...gasp...Breaking Bad. His cut is on way too tight and is cutting off the air to his brain.

He tries to have it both ways. He wrote this long rant about how critics simply don't GET what kind of show he's making, which is a silly soap opera with motorcycles, otherwise they'd fairly review it. As if critics need to know what the creator intended for them to properly judge it. And then, like you said, he gets pissy when he loses awards and gets bad reviews.

He's just a giant clusterfuck of dumb and awfulness.
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

peterenlucha

• Policemans heel
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2012, 05:32:10 PM »
Looks like it's time to dust off this topic now that Sons of Anarchy has returned with its most sons-of-anarchy-est episode yet.

My stray thoughts:

The episode ranged from delightfully trashy (a nekkid Jimmy Smits) to over the top exploitative/upsetting (burning that guy's daughter alive).

I'm hoping that "that place at the (not at all real) Port of Oakland where the mob kills people" is this season's "hospital interior" where action takes places for no discernible reason other than the producers must have paid a tidy sum to shoot there.

Does anyone else think that Clay buys the motor-trike from Opie to go with the oxygen tank and straight-from-the-bottle-boozing as part of completing his transformation into Piney?

Welcome back, best worst show on TV!
I'm pickling black licorice, you know.

mike a

• Achilles bursitis

RickInSaltLake

• Policemans heel
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2013, 08:19:04 PM »
So who all started watching the new batch of SoA shows last night?

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2013, 11:26:47 PM »
So who all started watching the new batch of SoA shows last night?

The school shooting may be the most tone deaf thing I've ever seen on a TV show. A show where a guy kills a guy by drowning him in a bathtub filled with urine shouldn't be the show trying to give us a serious look at violence in our society. Nor did anyone seem all that upset over the shooting. And Dave Navaro.

RickInSaltLake

• Policemans heel
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2013, 04:17:11 PM »

The school shooting may be the most tone deaf thing I've ever seen on a TV show. A show where a guy kills a guy by drowning him in a bathtub filled with urine shouldn't be the show trying to give us a serious look at violence in our society.

I know what you mean. Maybe the show should go back to having an entire season where it seems like something is going to happen only to reveal the bad guy iworks for the goverment and resetting the whole show. SoA should be prohibited from trying to make any serious social statement at all.

Nor did anyone seem all that upset over the shooting. And Dave Navaro.

I thought that was him.