Author Topic: Slavoj Zizek's "Pervert's Guide to Cinema"  (Read 2706 times)

Susannah

Slavoj Zizek's "Pervert's Guide to Cinema"
« on: May 01, 2007, 10:28:33 AM »
I'm not sure if any FOT would be interested in this, but if you are, here's a link to Slavoj Zizek's new documentary, "The Pervert's Guide to Cinema."  I have mixed feelings about Zizek, but he's generally pretty entertaining and the full video is here:

http://www.continental-philosophy.org/2007/04/30/zizek-perverts-guide-to-cinema/

It's the whole thing, so I doubt it's going to stay posted for much longer!

Martin

• Space Champion!
Re: Slavoj Zizek's "Pervert's Guide to Cinema"
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 03:47:12 PM »
It's a very good documentary. I hereby recommend it!

The Cleef

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 06:57:55 PM »
I happened upon some Slavoj lectures on Youtube whilst scavenging for some Jean Baudrillard interviews. Slavoj has quite the delivery...and an intriguing package...of information
Do mysteries really exist?

Susannah

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 09:23:07 AM »
I saw Zizek give a lecture with Cornel West at Princeton last year...he definitely was spitting a lot while West had his best Smooth Jazz Radio voice on.  The whole thing was bizarre, and I can't say I followed a lot of it.

Laurie

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 10:12:22 AM »
The best part was Slavoj in the boat: "Мy God, I'm thinking like Melanie, you know what I'm thinking now? I want to fuck Mitch!"

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 01:55:16 PM »
I love all the "back to the scene of the crime" scenes - The Birds, Psycho, The Conversation. Great stuff.

Susannah

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 02:28:40 PM »
I loved that quote too, Laurie!

Have you guys seen the documentary "Zizek!"  Much of it was filmed in Slovenia, but some scenes take place with Slavoj in a hotel room, in bed, or in a store that sells bathroom appliances.  They were all in Philadelphia!  Yay!