Author Topic: Hodgman Lid Blower: Scharpling a "wrathful, tentacled, Lovecraft god of anger"  (Read 2318 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
From my local rag's preview of the $%^#* Hodgman book signing, which I will not be able to go to.

Q: You just released a very funny promotional video for the book, in your Deranged Millionaire persona, that literally has a roomful of celebrity cameos - Justin Long, Brooke Shields, Paul Rudd, Nas, Dick Cavett. How did that come together?

Tom Scharpling, the director, it was his idea to get all the cameos from celebrities - which is kind of a cliché in these types of videos - and put them all in one room and just waste them. Give them nothing to do. What I loved is that everyone got the joke. That I'm now at a point in my life where I'm just so unfazed by famous people that I just keep them in a room for whenever I want to see them.

Scharpling was amazing. He's something of a god in the comedy world. A wrathful, tentacled, Lovecraft god of anger.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/11/04/1614285/mr-know-it-all-shares-it-all.html
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Scharpling was amazing. He's something of a god in the comedy world. A wrathful, tentacled, Lovecraft god of anger.

Tom Scharpling- The Cthulhu of Comedy
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

GroverJefferson

• Policemans heel
Cut-Rate Cthulhu is the new Dollar Menu Dickens.