Author Topic: Eugene Chadbourne documentary  (Read 1603 times)

Vance NOT the puppet

• Plantar Fasciitis
Eugene Chadbourne documentary
« on: December 10, 2011, 03:20:28 AM »
You can't oo your own burn!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Eugene Chadbourne documentary
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 03:40:33 PM »
I've seen him in several different settings -with a free jazz group, w/ Jimmy Carl Black, w/ Han Bennink and with a Zappa tribute band- everytime I was impressed by his adventurousness, sense of humor and sporadic displays of dazzling technique.

A true individualist and a damn good writer to boot.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Vance NOT the puppet

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 04:20:37 PM »
I had the pleasure of seeing him perform with his Insect and Western Party at the Dali museum in St. Pete, FL some years ago. The rest of the trio made up of two young ladies on oboe and vibes. In this incarnation it was obvious that there is method to his madness and that beneath all the "outsider" tendencies lurks a truly amazing and creative talent. I'm quite pleased that he does what he does.
You can't oo your own burn!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 05:59:22 PM »
I had the pleasure of seeing him perform with his Insect and Western Party at the Dali museum in St. Pete, FL some years ago. The rest of the trio made up of two young ladies on oboe and vibes. In this incarnation it was obvious that there is method to his madness and that beneath all the "outsider" tendencies lurks a truly amazing and creative talent. I'm quite pleased that he does what he does.
I missed that one.  The Bennink show was at the Dali.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."