Author Topic: Oblivians On Tour: Who's Been To See?  (Read 1356 times)

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
Oblivians On Tour: Who's Been To See?
« on: July 12, 2013, 12:15:59 PM »
I'm wondering what peoples' experience has been seeing the Oblivians on this tour. I saw then in L.A. (and I'm a little hesitant to post this on the internet where someone like ITR's LH might happen upon it), but it was awful.  I'm assuming it was an off night, but holy moly it stunk.  Which I guess is like I got the authentic vintage Oblivians experience because I'm sure they played some bad shows back in the day as well. Eric seemed like he didn't want to be there. The show picked up when Jack switched to guitar, but when Greg was singing it really did seem like Jack and Eric did not want to be there. It was weird.  Although some people I know thought it was "amazing." It probably didn't help that they started with 8 new songs.
I'd seen them a couple years ago at the Scion music fest in Lawrence, KS, and they were awesome. 
Highlight of the night, though, was seeing Ty Segall's new band Fuzz. They were awesome (and I'm by no means a TS fanatic - I didn't even realize it was TS until my friend told me after they'd finished).

hardweek

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Oblivians On Tour: Who's Been To See?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 06:06:29 PM »
Had a great time at the Vancouver show!