Author Topic: CHICAGO - Scharpling & Wurster at Lincoln Hall [March 19, 2015]  (Read 16973 times)

firewalkwithme

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: CHICAGO - Scharpling & Wurster at Lincoln Hall [March 19, 2015]
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 07:36:08 PM »
Driving with a few friends from Lexington, KY - super stoked!  Anyone have any good, cheap lodging recommendations?  As for a pre-show dinner, I'm not sure if my pals would be down or not, but if something is organized, it'd be within the realm of possibility.  I'll check back!

noah

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 01:07:37 PM »
It is with great sorry that I tender these absolute and unequivocal articles of surrender.  I can't make it to the Chicago show, so anyone needing a ticket know that there will be at least one more seat available. 

Ignore Function

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 09:09:39 PM »
Tom and Jon are coming to Chicago! Tickets are on sale at http://www.lh-st.com/Shows/03-19-2015+Scharpling+and+Wurster.

Who's up for a dinner meetup beforehand?

Any further thoughts on this?

JacobF

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 03:13:11 PM »
I would be interested in this as well. I'm traveling on the megabus from Michigan the morning of the show. I'd love to meet some other FOTs from the midwest.

roman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 03:57:03 PM »
It is with great sorry that I tender these absolute and unequivocal articles of surrender.  I can't make it to the Chicago show, so anyone needing a ticket know that there will be at least one more seat available.

Are you looking to sell your ticket?

house

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 05:33:45 PM »
I'd be interested in meeting up with folks!

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 05:44:13 PM »
Here's some options for a pre-show meetup:

Bourgeois Pig Cafe [paninis, sandwiches and salads]
Fiesta Mexicana [Mexican food]
Noodles In The Pot [Thai food]
The Red Lion Pub [British-style pub + food]

Each of these is a stone's throw from Lincoln Hall. I haven't been to any of them so I can't personally vouch for quality.

The Athenian Room is a five-minute walk from Lincoln Hall. It's one of my favorite places to eat in Chicago.

noah

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 05:49:02 PM »

Are you looking to sell your ticket?

There's no way for me to sell it.  Its a will call ticket and I'd need to be in Chicago at the ticket box to "transfer" it to someone.  I emailed them stating that I'd not be attending, no response yet.  If I get a reply, I'll post something but my guess is that they'll just have one more ticket available after 5 at the ticket box.

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 07:21:58 PM »
Also coming from Bloomington. Say where and I'll be there.

Ignore Function

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 08:56:34 PM »
Here's some options for a pre-show meetup:

Bourgeois Pig Cafe [paninis, sandwiches and salads]
Fiesta Mexicana [Mexican food]
Noodles In The Pot [Thai food]
The Red Lion Pub [British-style pub + food]

Each of these is a stone's throw from Lincoln Hall. I haven't been to any of them so I can't personally vouch for quality.
The Athenian Room is a five-minute walk from Lincoln Hall. It's one of my favorite places to eat in Chicago.

Any of those are fine with me.

house

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2015, 10:10:43 PM »
I'm fine with any of those places too. I guess extra points for the one you know is good!

minneapolismike

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2015, 10:07:29 AM »
I'll be arriving in Chicago from Minneapolis on Thursday around lunchtime.  I plan on visiting the famous Franks N Dawgs and then spend the afternoon at the museums west of the theater.  After the show I plan on stopping by the even more famous Wiener Circle to get yelled at by locals.  I'll be checking in throughout the day and anyone wanting to contact can do so via twitter at MinneapolisMike.

patfromlansing

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2015, 08:54:03 PM »
I'm coming in from Michigan, and staying with family in the suburbs.   I could be down for a meet up, depends on when I actually get into town.   I am going to attempt driving to and parking around the venue, anyone know if that is just a horrible idea?    The trains to where I am staying stop after 8 PM.
I'm the mayor of winner country!

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2015, 08:59:17 PM »
You'd probably be best off parking at a CTA station that has "park & ride" and taking the train in rather than trying to find parking near Lincoln Hall. The Fullerton staion [which is served by the red, brown and purple lines] is a block away from Lincoln Hall.

patfromlansing

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2015, 09:41:56 PM »
Good call, I looked into it, I think the Fullerton station can get me out to the suburbs on the Purple line after the show.   It looks like it will take me an hour to get to the area, when are people meeting, I will try to get there.
I'm the mayor of winner country!