Author Topic: It's Not a Site For Preverts. It's HBO.  (Read 3229 times)

Dorvid Barnas

It's Not a Site For Preverts. It's HBO.
« on: June 28, 2007, 12:31:52 AM »
Have you guys checked this out? It just launched.
*NSFW or PD, probably, and corny, but aesthetically amazing.

I'd love to hear what you more eloquent web-nerds think of it.
Seems pretty "next level" to me, though admittedly I have no idea what that means.

from the site:  "The HBO Voyeur Project is a collection of multi-media stories that HBO has built around the theme of voyeurism. See what people do when they think no one is Watching
is the tagline that they have used to describe the experience that starts in the streets of New York City, behind the countless windows that we pass everyday. It comes together in a silent film that will be projected on the side of a building, and extends to the HBO channel, HBO on Demand, and online at HBOVoyeur.com. There are also “artifacts” of the characters everywhere, pieces of story which have been sprinkled around the web and in the real world to heighten the experience for those who like to get involved. However it is experienced in whichever medium, the point of the HBO Voyeur Project is to get the viewer to confront the uncomfortable question: “Do You Like To Watch?”"

hbovoyeur.com

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: It's Not a Site For Preverts. It's HBO.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:15:32 AM »
Creepy. There is a behavior we want normalized in society, spy on the locals for thrills.

Laurie

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 10:40:44 AM »
I saw an ad for this on the HoBO. It looks super derivative of Rear Window, which is probably their intention.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 11:13:25 AM »
Rear Window meets Six Feet Under minus sound?

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 01:49:31 PM »
Rear Window meets Six Feet Under minus sound?

+ endless buffering!

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 12:33:04 PM »
Cirque Du Soleil meets Adult Friend Finder.

I love the teeny actors, though!  They're adorable - like a little Von Trimble village.
I also enjoy the ghosts.  Maybe later on there'll be a Godzilla.

Laurie

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 01:01:49 PM »
What the fuck is up with the ghosts? Is that how they get people to watch? They want to find out what the fuck is up with the goddamn ghosts? I think so.

John Junk

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 01:19:55 PM »
That's one crazy building!!  The one story I got was, uh, guy hates his wife and kid and is in love with the vamp on the top floor.  Goes up to visit the vamp on the top floor and she changed the locks!?  Then put on a more modest outfit.  Then some guy asked her for sugar or something and the guy that hates his family ran into the basement.  Then someone died in another room, the EMS comes, and the sprinkler system goes off while some idiot dances around in front of a video projection.  What a crazy building!  Kinda reminds me of Four Rooms also.

LostInReno

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 07:35:20 PM »
What the hell was that i felt totally weird. Like some peeping tom
Wait... whuuuuuuuuuut?