Author Topic: What Is Your Favorite Philly Boy Roy Call?  (Read 30916 times)

Amplituden

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: What Is Your Favorite Philly Boy Roy Call?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 03:43:33 PM »
I am sort of new to this so I haven't heard that many, however.

I really thought the one from 7/25/06 was really funny.  The thing about carrying that hoagy guys body through the streets like 'nem Iyatollah or somthin', killed me.

I also liked when he called Tom a Phillidummy.

Thats my 2 cents.

JK
A poor man's Bronson Pinchot.

Mark

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 01:08:33 PM »
I'll second (or third, or whatever) the March 28, 2006 votes. Tony/Fred didn't get shot, he ate a bad hoagie and Junior/Vern was pointing at him with a metal stick.

SamStone

• Policemans heel
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 12:05:38 PM »
Although I haven't heard calls past a year ago, my favorites are:

3: "Wierd Allience" - Just plain strange.  But hilarious. (November 8, 2005)
2: "Memorial Day / Swarm 2 / DaVinchi Cone" - "The traditional philly flop" makes me laugh whenever I think of it. (May 30, 2006)
1: "Crawlspaces and Cheesesteaks / Sopranos" - I think Crawlspaces & Cheesesteaks is one of the most funniest things I've heard on the radio in a LONG time.  Follow it up with the talk about the Sopranos and you have an instant win. (March 28, 2006)

I realize the last two are very recent, but they're really great.

Tim K in DC

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 08:54:22 PM »
I think any PBR appearance where he drops the name of some obscure hardcore band that I'd forgotten about (was it Reflex From Pain or Violent Children?) just puts the call over the top. Forgive my dodgy memory banks, but it's just so left field that I can't even process it.
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -

PhilH

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 08:39:57 PM »
My all-time favourite is:

January 22, 2002: Philly Boy Roy Challenges Tom To An 'All Or Nothing' Football Bet

"I won a house in Beverly Hills"

I love all of the PBR arcs, especially the movie and Eagles bet ones.

georgelopos

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 01:13:58 AM »
Count me in for the Crawlspaces and Cheesesteaks/Sopranos call as well.

patient957

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 04:39:41 PM »
... Any call where he sings.

The only 2 I know of are "Cheesesteak Rag" (July 25th)
and "Philly Pride" - I think that was November 29, 2005.

runawayvan

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2006, 12:12:51 AM »
Crud. If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it. In fact it might have been mentioned already but for the life of me I can't remember the date! Anyway, the one where PBR won a trip to Eng-a-land for eating the most english muffins. I believe there's also an excellent dissection of the word "handburgers" in that one.

GetOffMyBone

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2006, 05:28:47 AM »
When Philly Boy roy said he sold his farts in a jar and said "one sniff will make you stupid".
GOODBYE GET OFF MY BONE
2006-2009

emilyrides

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2006, 03:11:12 PM »
I have to give my vote to Philly Boy Roy's 'Philadelphia Night Before Xmas' poem, which I believe he has read twice. When he said, 'On Hall, On Oates', that did me in for the night.  I also find his undying affection for ex Philly mayor Frank Rizzo hysterical, because everyone in Philly does love that creep. 
Better a Fashion Show than no Show at all.

Mac B

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2006, 05:52:20 PM »
I gotta go with the phone call after the eagles lost the super bowl and Roy lost everything betting on the game and the Puppy Bowl(1) was dynamite! It also showcases Roy's way too trusting relationship with Roy jr.

Country Lobster

• Policemans heel
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006, 04:04:24 PM »
Crud. If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it. In fact it might have been mentioned already but for the life of me I can't remember the date! Anyway, the one where PBR won a trip to Eng-a-land for eating the most english muffins. I believe there's also an excellent dissection of the word "handburgers" in that one.

It's at the beginning of the July 13, 2004 show.

Skeletor

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 12:02:11 AM »
December 6 2011, where PBR goes to London. Throws eggs at Big Ben for good luck (it's how the Beatles got famous), gets called "a right tosser" by Noel Gallagher, brings over a sackful of hoagies on the plane.. "tally ho my good man" +"by jove" as spoken by PBR... Oh my.

Also, merely hearing the intro of that Hooters song with the melodica really cracks me up.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 02:42:19 PM »
There's been several (?) calls where PBR talked about pony-keg & acid-fueled shenanigans during rockshows at the Philadelphia Spectrum. I think one time him and his buddies saw Duran Duran there for some reason ... "but we didn't like 'em cuz we thought they were a bunch of 'mos"

Anytime he talks about Blue Oyster Cult is automatically hilarious.

And I think there was a call where he somehow sneaked backstage during a Heart show at the Spectrum. He had the entire hood of a car with him, because he wanted Nancy Wilson to autograph it. Amazing.

Oh, Roy. So many memories.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 04:21:16 PM »
Every Roy call I've ever heard has made me giddy to the point of mania, so I can only isolate an element of some Roy calls that delights me above all others: Whenever the call begins with a sound clip of either the Rocky theme, "Bang On The Drum All Day" or "And We Danced", preferably one where he apologizes to Tom for his (insert outdated gizmo here) going off.