Author Topic: Picture Thread  (Read 944894 times)

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Picture Thread
« Reply #1065 on: July 12, 2009, 08:55:45 PM »
As for the Leno pic, it's pretty awesome, though anyone who would do that to anybody has got to be a bit of a douche.  On the other hand, the face of the kid on the right kinda makes the photo.

Oh yeah. All involved in that picture clearly deserve each other. I wonder how long they'd been walking together or sitting next to each other on the bus with those shirts on before they trapped their prey.
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1066 on: July 12, 2009, 11:45:39 PM »
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

dania

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1067 on: July 13, 2009, 12:32:42 AM »

moonshake

« Reply #1068 on: July 14, 2009, 11:16:31 PM »
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #1069 on: July 15, 2009, 07:50:38 AM »

Ugh, you know, I've been trying to break my converse shoe addiction because they suck for your feet and they're not even that comfortable. This picture might do it.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

scratchbomb

« Reply #1070 on: July 15, 2009, 12:21:22 PM »

Yikes. An interesting idea done in the creepiest way possible.

We got our baby a pair of pink Cons. I might not have done that, had I seen this ad first.
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1071 on: July 15, 2009, 12:40:35 PM »
this ad doesnt detour me from chucks.  it makes me stay away from pigtails, lollipops, faux fur, pink lip gloss, and the shiny, saturated look those marketing guys love so much.

i'll still wear converse though. 

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1072 on: July 15, 2009, 12:44:36 PM »
It's insane the way that so many caretakers of classic brands are determined to destroy what's good about them.  There are also John Varvatos Chuck Taylors.  Ugh.

I don't think Chucks are bad for your feet, though.  Shoes with too much "support" and padding are bad for your feet, ankles, and legs.  The ideal is barefoot, and Chucks come closer to that than most shoes.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #1073 on: July 15, 2009, 12:50:29 PM »
I don't think Chucks are bad for your feet, though.  Shoes with too much "support" and padding are bad for your feet, ankles, and legs.  The ideal is barefoot, and Chucks come closer to that than most shoes.

Probably depends on the individual - there's no way I'd use these for actual sports. I just walk around town in them.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1074 on: July 15, 2009, 01:14:14 PM »

Probably depends on the individual - there's no way I'd use these for actual sports. I just walk around town in them.

i work out in my chucks.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #1075 on: July 15, 2009, 01:16:50 PM »

i work out in my chucks.

Like what workout - weightlifting? I've done that. I did some kind of aerobics class in them once and that sucked.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1076 on: July 15, 2009, 01:54:04 PM »

i work out in my chucks.

Like what workout - weightlifting? I've done that. I did some kind of aerobics class in them once and that sucked.

all of my workout- treadmill, elliptical, circuit training, weights, etc.  then i turn around and wear them out.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #1077 on: July 15, 2009, 02:10:53 PM »

all of my workout- treadmill, elliptical, circuit training, weights, etc.  then i turn around and wear them out.

Man, everything except the treadmill. My ankles would be screaming for mercy from that. Maybe it's more that the canvas part of the shoe isn't supportive rather than the sole.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1078 on: July 15, 2009, 03:22:19 PM »

Man, everything except the treadmill. My ankles would be screaming for mercy from that. Maybe it's more that the canvas part of the shoe isn't supportive rather than the sole.

perhaps.  honestly, ive had chucks on my feet since i was a wee one and so they only feel natural for me.  otherwise, i believe you and i would be in the same boat.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1079 on: July 16, 2009, 05:33:22 PM »
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"