Author Topic: Picture Thread  (Read 944845 times)

neilnumberman

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Picture Thread
« Reply #285 on: January 24, 2008, 02:17:25 PM »
My friend Jeb just got this tattoo:

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #286 on: January 24, 2008, 04:06:08 PM »
First time and last time I'll ever use this: OMG LOL.

Sarah

« Reply #287 on: January 24, 2008, 04:17:40 PM »
He'd better watch out:  Philly Boy Roy may kill him, flay him, and wear his skin.  Or just flay that quadrant of his back, I suppose.  He'd probably survive.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #288 on: January 25, 2008, 02:53:46 PM »
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #289 on: February 01, 2008, 01:14:26 PM »
um??????????????

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #290 on: February 01, 2008, 01:20:58 PM »
I remember that.  It was that big "burn your second bra" festival. 

Or maybe they're wearing some sort of enchanted bras, where you take your bra off and there's another bra underneath, forever and ever.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2008, 01:30:26 PM »
There are a few questions that popped into my mind when I saw that picture. First of all, yes, WHY are all of their bras still on?

A possible answer may be, this is the Tyra Banks show so they could be promoting some "magic" bra that doesn't feel like a bra at all or some crap.

The second thing is that anyone who knows how to use google could easily discover the fact that bra burning never actually happened. So why are they perpetuating this myth?

A possible answer to this is that Tyra Banks and the people who produce her show are all as dumb as a box of rocks. This is more than plausible I think.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2008, 02:45:54 PM »
Bra burning might have been a myth, but I was once at at Grateful Dead concert in Buffalo and some idiot in the car next to ours set fire to a well-worn pair of Marlboro Menthol boxer shorts in some sort of stupid ritual.  So put that in your bong and smoke it.

I actually hadn't noticed Tyra Banks in that photo.  But I'm sure she doesn't have a fact-checking staff that are at all concerned about 60s backlash propaganda (as it turns out, there was lots of it - evidently no one spit on Vietnam vets either).

I'm sticking with my enchanted bra theory.  The bane of teenage boys at the drive-in everywhere!

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #293 on: February 01, 2008, 03:20:42 PM »

I'm sticking with my enchanted bra theory.  The bane of teenage boys at the drive-in everywhere!

I love it.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #294 on: February 01, 2008, 03:31:51 PM »

I love it.

If I ever have a daughter, I'm picking up a case of these from the enchanted Target.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #295 on: February 01, 2008, 03:32:01 PM »
Bra burning might have been a myth, but I was once at at Grateful Dead concert in Buffalo and some idiot in the car next to ours set fire to a well-worn pair of Marlboro Menthol boxer shorts in some sort of stupid ritual.  So put that in your bong and smoke it.

I actually hadn't noticed Tyra Banks in that photo.  But I'm sure she doesn't have a fact-checking staff that are at all concerned about 60s backlash propaganda (as it turns out, there was lots of it - evidently no one spit on Vietnam vets either).

I love Buffalo.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #296 on: February 01, 2008, 03:36:09 PM »
Me too, though all I experienced was the parking lot outside of the big arena, and a convenience store, where the owners said that the big crowds happened twice a year - the Dead and the Bills in the playoffs - and that they preferred the Dead crowd. 

But the shorts-burning morons in the car next to us (who also tried to sell my skateboard) were from Boston, not Buffalo.  However, there was one great incident where some big meathead guy was walking around with a homemade sign reading "free hugs."

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #297 on: February 01, 2008, 03:49:55 PM »
I grew up in Buffalo and have very fond memories of it.

but some of my favorite memories of just city wide nuttiness had to have been during and especially after the infamous 1999 Stanley Cup finals. I think probably the closest thing to rioting in the streets the city had seen since the 60's.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #298 on: February 01, 2008, 04:12:33 PM »

Sploops

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #299 on: February 01, 2008, 06:01:44 PM »

...sorry